Frienship

by SpunkyChick 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I have two great friends who seem to have major issues in their relationships. Lately it seems they can only discuss their on again/off again relationships. Both of these friends have literally broken up with their boyfriends and gotten back together three times in the past 3 months. I am trying to be supportive and help them get through this time, but am honestly sick of hearing about it every night and need some positives in my life. Am I a horrible friend to feel this way? Any of you sometimes get bogged down with other people's troubles?

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Eeeeps!! I forgot the "d" in friendship!! *am i bad???*

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I can relate Spunky. I am a listener by nature, but honestly relationship issues get to me. If a person continues to break up with and get back together with a person, I don't have much sympathy.

That's the only real issue that I hate hearing about or discussing. . .I wonder why?

Editted to add: I noticed the lack of the "d" as well. Fix it!!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Stinky -

Good to hear someone else feels this way. I felt horrible when one friend persistently asked why I hadn't been speaking to her for awhile and I finally unloaded. I feel bad now because she's now engaged to this guy who's an alcoholic and spends all his money on pot and booze. I don't make any comments about anything relationship anymore. After all she's gotta live with em!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Spunky and Stinky on the very same thread....wooo hooo.

Spunky. Freindships like that can be a drag, but do your best to be supportive. Cause ya know, that sumday the shoe's gonna be on da udder foote !

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

XJW - I am trying to be supportive. However, I feel better at the moment, not hearing about their dramatic issues!!!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

oh and another thought: I doubt the shoe will ever be on my foot; as I've NEVER in 24 years of my life broken up and reaquainted myself with an ex-boyfriend, let alone three times. When I'm done with em, I moooooooove on to the next fish in the sea....

• Maverick
    Maverick

You are being an enabler, if you really want to support these people tell them to move on and quit eating the same crap and whining about the taste!

I had an employee that got married. In the weeks that followed he bitched about everything his wife did. At first I would sympathize with him. One day I asked him if he had lived with this girl before he married her? He said yes, about a year. I was shocked, and asked if she did any of the things he told me about before they were married? He said, "All of them!" I told him he should never bring up his wife again, he knew what she was like and he was only telling me how stupid HE was for marrying her! I never heard another thing about her. (I liked her when I met her.) Maverick

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Spunky-

I love you girl. This is me EXACTLY (even the age):

oh and another thought: I doubt the shoe will ever be on my foot; as I've NEVER in 24 years of my life broken up and reaquainted myself with an ex-boyfriend, let alone three times. When I'm done with em, I moooooooove on to the next fish in the sea....
  • SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Maverick - You are right! Thank you for your thoughts and story. I will stop feeling guilty about not wanting to hear their whining crap.

Stinky - I luv you too gurl!! It comforts me to know we are on the same page!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit