Beautiful new kingdom song

by slimboyfat 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

143 in the 2009 songbook and 77 in the 2016 songbook.

I wonder why there are fewer songs in the 2016 songbook, and what songs fhey dropped.

i think it's a pretty good song. But at the same time I didn't mean to exaggerate. Last month we heard A German Requiem by Brahms in Greyfriars Kirk. The "dwelling place" song had been my favourite, but this time the song about all flesh turning to grass was amazing. Much better than any Kingdom Song and written by an atheist. Truly amazing music.

https://youtu.be/lOu6l7PzYes

https://youtu.be/I17f73txBHE

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

OK, I listened to song 77....I could evaluate it better with just the music on their website. Fair dues, it is better than most of their recent offerings . I would never go so far as SBF in his o/p though . I found the tune quite simple repeated over and over .

I am no fan of Disney film songs either so I guess I would not like it... I certainly disliked that video that was in the o/p . It seemed they were exploiting the suffering of those real people for their own ends.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

A couple of followups. I have a copy of the 2009 songbook and it doesn't have the song that I can see, so the video posted earlier which gives the song # as 143 must be a different one.. It's so confusing anymore! Anyway it is #77 in the JW app.

Second, I had a look at the written music for this song today and it is really unusual. The music has 3 flats, which would normally mean the key of E flat. But it isn't in E flat, I think it uses the B flat Mixolydian scale. Very unusual for a KH song.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I understand the poster to be an intelligent man, all the more so am I ashamed for someone who shows this level of insensitivity, as an analogy go find a local Jewish Seniors Home and start talking in length of your love of Wagner, many of the exjws here have lost friends and relatives due to anti blood and organ transplant policies, emotions rightly run high, I am a musician and have worked closely with WT composers, that being said I would prefer to never hear their material again as it serves to further WT propoganda, please show a little respect and show some self restraint,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit