If you saw a governing body member being pummeled would you help them?

by Tenacious 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would definitely step in! Once I neutralized the attack per JW dogma, I would take the GB member ( Hopefully Tomo ) to an undisclosed location and Kathy Bates ( Misery ) his ass until he confessed to all his crimes against humanity.

DD

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

and Kathy Bates ( Misery ) his ass until he confessed to all his crimes against humanity.

Tell him that your little ceramic penguin in the study always faces due south.

• jws
    jws
    I feel like it's always better to aim to be the better person. Saving another human from a beating is the right thing to do. No matter who it is. Maybe I just don't have enough strong hate for them. I never suffered badly enough from their teachings.

And I'm an agnostic. Practically an atheist and I'm not willing to see another person get beat up. Which should be a lesson to all those that think people who don't believe in god are psychopaths ready to go on a killing spree.
  • blondie
    blondie

I don't feel giving a beating or allowing the beating of anyone has solved any problem, just made it worse and dragging me down into the beater's mess.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I'd wonder how the fight started in the first place.

*** w60 8/1 pp. 451-452 Do You Turn the Other Cheek? ***

Jesus said: “Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.” (Matt. 5:39) Now, Jesus did not say that if someone strikes you on the jaw you should get up off the floor and hold up the other side of your face for a target. No; how foolish and ridiculous that would be! A slap is not intended to injure physically but only to insult or provoke into a fight. What Jesus was saying was that, if anyone tried to provoke you into a fight or an argument, by either literally slapping you with an open hand or stinging you with insulting words, it would be wrong for you to retaliate. “Return evil for evil to no one. . . . Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.” Peter said that Christians would not be “paying back injury for injury or reviling for reviling, but, to the contrary, bestowing a blessing, because you were called to this course, so that you might inherit a blessing.”—Rom. 12:17, 21; 1 Pet. 3:9.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Humphry - maybe you should call the legal department at Bethel first.

• Onager
    Onager

Of course, if you did step in and help them you might get a nice expensive bottle of whiskey as a thank-you...

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Onager - maybe but you might recieve the bottle in an unusual way.

Proverbs 26:17 He who gets mixed up in a fight which is not his business, is like one who takes a dog by the ears while it is going by.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I don't try to lower my standards to theirs so yes, I would help. I have to be me and don't want to be them.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I like how everyone's afraid to correct Simon for misunderstanding my post. Don't worry guys, Simon can take constructive criticism and won't ban you for being right or giving a thumbs down.

Anyhow, I'm glad that most of you guys agree with me in trying to stop an assault no matter who it's on.

Because, like some of you mention, we can't stop being human even though they may choose to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit