Notes From an Elders Meeting

by WinstonSmith 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

I think that CO had gone bananas.

Actually, his garden of vegies was pretty cute. I wonder if he made that up himself?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Listener - "I think that CO had gone bananas."

How would you tell the difference? :smirk:

• skin
    skin

Turn up with an open mind

" Four rows of Turnips" Since when have you been able to turn up with an open mind?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I was once "blessed" to be invited to attend an operational committee meeting for a remodel of our local KH. 4 hours! It was 4 hours long. The biggest sticking point? We had a local brother who had a wallpaper business. He wanted the hall to be wallpapered. Now, one of the reasons for the remodel was the 'baby room' and in other areas the old wall paper was peeling for various reasons. Many of the brothers wanted to get ride of it and just have dry wall throughout the Hall.This pompous ass of a brother went on for hours....hours, browbeating everyone until he got his way. I actually sat there appalled at his attitude. And I couldn't believe the other brothers gave into him. He wore them down. So they spent nearly 1/2 their remodeling budget on new wallpaper and shelved the new HVAC system (which WAS needed)! I asked one brother who I was close with after if that brother is always that pompous? He said no, he usually is way worse.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Its never about actually helping people - its always Punitive.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    Turn up with an open mind

That is why their brain has fallen out n they walk around and function like zombies!

Zing

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

@Doctor Who I remember similar experiences. The other ones are where there needs to be a show of hands from the elders about paying some money to a CO or a DO or head office and it was always unanimous. To the point where I always thought "why even bother asking?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit