Holy Spirit - Present or Gone in the Congregations?

by BourneIdentity 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Holy Spirit? No such thing in the congregations.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When I started fading, I thought this way for a bit.

It's not much of a stretch to go from "they had it once but lost it" to "they probably never had it", though.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Elvis had left the building because he actually had been in the building...not only is Holy Spirit not in JW buildings, it's never ever been...

• JRK
    JRK

Holy Spirit was never there. Snap out of it!

JK

• Spiral
    Spiral

I believe it was all just group think or group hysteria, whichever was at work with the particular congregational group.

Growing up, we went to two congregations that were like going to a funeral every meeting. We were then transferred to a different congregation that had a great vibe - but that was a reflection of the people themselves.

I've personally been to business meetings that had a great vibe and been more productive than any WT study I've ever attended.

And of course, we've all been to meetings at work that were so boring you lost your will to live.

It's all about the group. I don't believe in God or that "he" has ever had anything to do with it. Look at the International Conventions - those that are "privileged and chosen" (UGH) to go are so happy. Frequently, they've never traveled much before so it is a big, happy event for them, especially because they were "approved" to go. But that doesn't mean there's a supernatural spiritual force at work.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS/JWorg. intentionally imposes psychological manipulation to maintain its devoted followers (Fear, Guilt , Obligation) who are more or less being trained to being the WTS's public sales representatives, with certain arranged doctrines in hand. .... ie 1914..... this generation.

It isn't after some personal evaluation and examination of those pertaining doctrines through reading scripture that many realize that those doctrines expressed by the WTS are indeed scripturaly apostate and fall into false prophesying/teachings.

I myself left the JWS over the 1975 teaching which was devised with intentional corruption to enhance the WTS's literature proliferation, not backed by scripture at all.

It was later on I realized the WTS had used the 6000 dating scheme twice before , 1900, 1941 and then in the late 1960's .

• MADMARY
    MADMARY

Hi Borneidenity,

Since the Holy Spirit is invisible, a human cannot see it. To answer your question properly we have to look to hard evidence to prove that the Holy Spirit does or does not exist and is active and exists among Jehovah Witnesses or not. All of this means to a person who does not believe in God or the bible, despite all of the evidence presented, still the Holy Spirit will never ever exist to them. Remember, the Bible tells us that even the demons believe God exists because they can see Jehovah does exist where as humans cannot. – See James 2:19

Yes, Borneidentity the rank and file JW doesn't even resemble a Jehovah Witness from the 80’s or 90’s or in 2001 which was the last time I was inside a kingdom hall. I believe Jehovah has taken His holy spirit away from the organization.

Please check out my thread at this link called, “Is The REPORT Book (1994) Prophetic About Jehovah Witnesses?,” which I believe makes this very point.

There was another thread last week where an unbelieving mate with a JW for a wife of 10 years, he gives a description of his wife and asks the question, “Is my situation unique?”

This unbelieving husband says his JW wife goes to all meetings as he takes her. But if he asks about the bible or how a meeting or assembly went she changes the subject and will not talk about it. She simply refuses to witness. He even says his wife will not even pick up a bible or Watchtower literature to read or study at home.

So, this man (Steel) just wants to know if his situation unique or has this happen to other Jehovah’s Witnesses.

I believe we are seeing evidence today that God’s Holy Spirit has been taken away from the JW organization.

MM

• Nambo
    Nambo

The first time I felt Holy Spirit, I wasn't in a group of people, I wasn't feeling emotionally charged or any of the other excuses people come up with to deny it. I was sitting alone at home, hadn't been going to the meetings that long, I was reading the Bible, not the JWs literature, the Bible, I had started at the beginning, and on this particular evening, I was bored out of my mind because I was reading the book of Numbers, how so and so begat so and so.

All of a sudden, it was as if somebody had injected me with Morphine that spread from my middle to my extremities.

I was in a good congregation, Caterham, wanted to do more for God, so I moved up to Glossop, never felt it again.

My view is that the society doesn't own the Holy Spirit, anybody that really wants to genuinely find him, whatever religion, he lets himself be found, just like the scripture says, if we grope for him, he will let himself be found.

I would guess watching me trudge through the book of numbers was a good indication tom God that I was genuinely searching for him. No idea why it disappeared when I went to Glossop though, the result was that without the encouragement of the Spirit, after a few years I lost the love I had at first.

Maybe something bad goes on in that area, the area of the Moors Murderers and Dr Shipley.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being that the WTS has been false prophesying since its inception as a religoius organization, calling themselves solemnly chosen by god (1919), one can only surmise that the father of the lie Satan was the spirit directing these men.

The Doctrines the WTS set, taught and propagated were created to support the proliferation of the literature the WTS published, they were not expressions of accurate and honest bible interpretations .

As a true dedicated follower of Jesus Christ you are instructed by him to test the spirits to see whether what they say comes from him, if not he instructed his followers to not listen to false Prophets or teachers.

1 John 4 :1 .......

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

How do you know thats the holy spirit Nambo? You're letting the context interpret the experience for you. If you went to a Hindu temple and felt good did you experience the presence of Shiva? If you went out into the woods and felt good did you experience the presence of Pan? I've been to many a religious service and sometimes I feel good but that proves nothing about any kind of spirit in-dwelling the place.

And Finkelstein, why assume Satan takes any part in the decisions made by past or present leadership? They found an easy way to trick gullible people into giving them money, constructing their buildings, getting their name out into the public, etc. That's all it takes, that's the only explanation necessary. Why invoke some supernatural being?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit