Question about Raymond Franz and the C.K.I.

by Motema Bolingo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

According to the following chart - in French, but easily understandable :

http://www.finalkeno.freesurf.fr/temp/tj/html/origines3.gif

(picture can be enlarged by clicking on the icon appearing on the right - bottom).

Raymond Franz was the founder of the "Christian Koinonia International" - 1981.

Is this information true or a lie ?

Jacques

• willyloman
    willyloman

Why don't you just ASK him?

commentarypress.com

• berylblue
    berylblue

Please let us know what you find out and...

WELCOME!

• Valis
    Valis

Motema...I looked all over the Internet and usually groups will give some history, but I found no evidence of that...and the word Koinonia is splashed all over all kinds of wingnut christian groups, so I'm guessing no, it isn't true. Otherwise I would imagine Ray would at least have some mention somehwere. I would also assume, much like his books if he were involved in such a group he wouldn't drop his affiliation, nor would he be particularly interested in starting a new religious tangent after being involved in the borg. Just my thoughts.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• qua
    qua

JIM PENTON, not Ray Franz, founded that fellowship. If you're wanting fellowship you can easily form your own. Just give a time and place for those who enjoy reading the Bible and want non-doctrinal fellowship to get together. Lots of other people have already done so.

• AlanF
    AlanF

That's correct, qua, it was Jim Penton and some of his friends who founded that little group.

AlanF

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

Qua, Alan F and others, many thanks for your help.

Jacques

• sf
    sf

Alan,

Please explain why Rays name appears below it then and not Jim's.

sKally

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Uhhhhh, my guess, SKally, would be that the person who made the chart made a mistake.

Surely you're not suggesting that if something is on the web, it must be true.

Of course, I could be wrong... maybe everything on the web IS true.

• sf
    sf

Hiya Nat,

Um, just asking a question, due to the answer.

Of course I typed it all into the engines and am getting a good education on this koinonia thingy. Kinda like what the masons do with their offshoot groups. But I could be wrong. More re-search is needed. And I for one am not accepting that Penton is the originator until Penton claims so himself. Ray is clearly labeled there. Not Jim.

Thanks!!

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit