interview with an apostate- morpheus

by _Morpheus 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Thanks _Morpheus, always nice to get to know each other's backstories better. I like to hear from those who have pretty much seen/done it all (i.e. Bethel, elder, etc.) and have done their research and have intelligent reasons for leaving. It goes against JW's narrative that those who leave are "weak" and only do so for selfish reasons. I agree that some overt activism can just make us look nuts or play into the persecution complex, but I did see one on YouTube that was so well done I had to love it. Even if nobody remembered all the specifics of what was said, they'll know that all is not right in the org.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=529s&v=3weMonz4XmI

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for sharing.

It is really fun and interesting to hear our stories.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Thanks for sharing your story.

We don't agree on deities though... Freyja is the best!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Now now, no need to compare dieties. If you worship women i dont judge. I prefer thor. He’s the everyman deity, a hang out and drink some mead kinda guy ;)

And thank you all for reading and your kind words

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Interesting read Morph!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Thanks for sharing.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Thank you for sharing, I find these very interesting. I also woke up trying to defend the org. From comparisons to other cults (Scientology) and the 'apostate lies' about the ARC. The more I researched the worse it got.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Thanks for taking the time to write all that. I love the honesty on this forum. Beats the usual JW bullshit.

• humbled
    humbled

Morpheus-

Not only good for us to hear your backstory but for any lurkers to know why you eventually left the Organization having been a true believer -you left because you won’t support a lie. It is discovering ttatt that changes us.

We aren’t monsters but people who try to live honestly. Thanks for being open.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

I have taken your advice.

Thank you for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit