New to the truth

by MatthewHewey 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

He is so far gone from this site, and looking back to see if someone saw him looking at it.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

Hi Matthew

Most people are on this forum because they experienced like you initial love bombing and were taken in by how wonderful it all appeared then they got bitten. If you get baptised it is very hard to leave. The usual trajectory to new comers they offer all the practical help you need accommodation, work clothes and belongings- so far what's not to like ehh? Then you are gradually ' encouraged' to leave behind old friends, family anyone who doesn't believe the same as them. They basically make you totally reliant then when you want to leave it all disappears and those new friends etc will shun you, that job will go as will the accommodation etc.

I'm born in but left approx 30 yes ago family all in. I've chosen to be Christian that's not a popular choice on this site but if you feel you want an option you could look at an alpha course but I'm not here to promote any other religion i m just suggesting you have choices. Just because the JWs appear nice don't assume you cannot find that elsewhere without the other issues.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

I agree with the "troll" designation, though perhaps Im wrong.

Reason being that only JWs call it "the truth" with the exception of some who left but are still using the JWisms they've used for years. those are pretty rare though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit