Volunteers to help with the site...

by Simon 22 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

I've been busy setting up the new/test site so still have the setting up of the assistants to do. I want to make a change before I do so that deleted items will go in a bin where they can be examined / un-deleted if there is any dispute (although I'd remind people that I expect this to be rare).

$199 is pretty good for what we get - 2Gb of disk space (room for plenty of posts), 100Mb SQL Server (indexes all the posts) and 40Gb per month bandwidth to serve it up. Normally this would cost around $400 so we do quite well really and the service has been top notch so far (ie. when it's gone down it's been my fault .. doh!)

• think41self
    think41self

Simon,

I would also like to add my thanks for all the work you do on this site. It is a great place to be, and I think we do a pretty good job of self moderating. I understand the need for assistance, for trouble makers or technical difficulties, but I too am "anxious" about the introduction of moderators. Methinks it would be difficult to find people who share your open-mindedness and fairness. But if that's what you need, then good luck in your search.

I personally am not technologically proficient enough to offer my services, nor would I presume that I could be fair and just all the time. But a little financial aid I can definitely do. Keep up the good work, Simon.

think41self

• BugEye
    BugEye

Simon

I only just found this thread.

I am a newbie and as such, there is not much I can offer. If there is anything that you feel I can do, just ask, My hours are opposite to America though.

I am profficient a computers though. Even if my spelling sucks.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit