Poor Llyod

by notsurewheretogo 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Look...I've had my beef with Lloyd aka Cedars and some of the stuff he says or does but equally I respect what he is trying to do and what he has achieved in terms of waking people up.

He intimated he had mental health issues years ago but his video today is brutal...I see pain in his eyes and he is suffering. His family come first and the man needs to heal.

Yes he has issues that many on here see but its not the man that is important but his work.

But the man needs time to heal mentally and I wish he does so. He deserves that despite the feelings and things that have happened in the past with the EXJW community.

He has done so much for the EXJW community in general that I hope all give him a little clack and he returns.

If any of us did what he did we may be in the same boat but none of us do...see past the man and see his work but equally the man is suffering and it is pretty sad...I hope he gets better soon.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

His videos were instrumental in helping my wife wake up from the cult.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    His videos were instrumental in helping my wife wake up from the cult.

Me too personally.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There are a number of people employed and/ or depend on the channel that he has built up, his editor and possibly others. I figure he has two options in this situation. He could say to the others that, while he takes a break, they can fill in presenting the material, and when he comes back in a few months he can pick it up again. Or he could insist that the others involved in the channel can’t take over his role and they should wait around for a couple of months and see whether he feels like picking it up again. Knowing Lloyd as well as we do on this forum, it’s a no brainier which he will choose. People who are employed in this scenario should probably scrutinise their contracts because Lloyd has been known only look out for Lloyd and no one else. (Outing people on Facebook, printing illegal copies of Crisis of Conscience, and so on)

• a watcher
    a watcher

Did he really expect his life to go well after he abandoned God and Christ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"Poor Lloyd"...not so fast!

Me thinks 'Mother' may have had a private word with him...either directly or indirectly through one of her worldly legal connections and made Lloyd Evans a handsome offer (an early retirement plan) he couldn't refuse!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Anyone have the URL where Lloyd is thinking about chucking it all in?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I shear the sentiments of so many here. Despite his faults and antics. His work has been instrumental in helping thousands walk away from the religion and adjust to the outside world. I have literally been watching and reading his works since the beginning. I wish you well Lloyd.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Lloyd taking a break!

[removed]

Grandpa!

• Reservations
    Reservations

He’s done a lot of good…

But…..He is a Grease Ball.

Lloyd will look after Lloyd (and his family), and “IF” WT offered him some early retirement, my feelings are he would take it in a heartbeat.

Maybe if he spent 10/15 mins on is videos instead of, what, 4 hours, he wouldn’t be “burnt out”..

He gave an analogy, that he’s like a fireman, it’s not his responsibility to rebuild the house after he’s saved them from the fire….But watching that video of him “helping” the guy leaving Selters bethel (Germany), it made me extremely angry, knowing Lloyd probably only did it for views and likes.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we never heard from him again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit