my letter from ray franz

by the mole 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

He's been a real brick.

Although I suspect he has some standard letters adapted to our standard questions (e.g. misgivings about leaving the org, wondering about the existence of God, the supposed 2 class Christianity, whatever), it's very kind of him to take the time to reply to us at all, given his frailties (he had a stroke a couple of years ago - no paralysis, but it left him with low energy), and he does generally personalize them.

He's a good man.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes this board is great and has opened peoples eyes -- but Ray Franz and Randy Watters have done a really great job also -- CoC was the huge turning point --- if you look at history -- almost like Martin Luther nailing the 95 theses to that Church door in the middle ages

• mizpah
    mizpah

Anyone who has met Ray and Cynthia Franz can appreciate just how wonderful these people are. Their kindness and hospitality are well known by all their friends and acquaintances.

Ray has probably helped more people leaving the organization than any other individual. He's given all of us a glimpse into the secret workings of the Watchtower organization. He's raised questions about practices that were unknown to the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses. And he has done this with kindness and compassion.

I'm not sure about the newer ones leaving the Watchtower Society. But a whole generation of older XJWs will always be always grateful to Ray Franz for his courage and his faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit