2017 Annual Meeting

by Jules Saturn 130 Replies latest social current

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

Also the Watchtowers and Awakes will recycle a lot of older material and just add more info or revise them over time. I'm sure another reason is because some Dubs hand them out like they're fliers, kinda like Pentecostals hand out their pamphlets

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The days of smart, well-read, well-balanced people becoming JWs are over.

I made the comment to one of the "head bobbers" after the AM that years ago I felt that "we" as JW's were actually taught to THINK, REASON, and use our intellect in what at least resembled a serious attempt at genuine Bible study. They just gave me a WTF look and remarked that it was better that the mags and pamphlets were "dumbed down (my words, not theirs). They said not everyone is that intelligent these days so WT knows best how to reach them.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

a sister was killed when her and her husband had a flat tire on the way to walkill to volunteer.

Yeah...but at least that broke couple that got asked to stay an extra week miraculously got cash for agreeing to be bumped from their airline flight. Let's see...cash, or a wife's life? I guess we see what is most important in Dubya land

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

They said not everyone is that intelligent these days so WT knows best how to reach them.

It seems like modern converts aren't... "high-caliber" for lack of a better word. Every single one I've personally seen has been very uneducated, not all there, or emotionally needy (or all three). The average person googles the JWs and then runs in the opposite direction. Accurate info on JWs has been slipping down in the google search listings. I hope that can be corrected.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Won't they be charging for downloads soon, or have they already done that?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Although my close family members and I did not attend the annual meeting, a sister and her son from the neighboring cong, whom we all regularly speak with, told us that "there were a few changes going to happen, but we fell asleep during a nice part of the program". She also told us that she and her son "were looking forward to going out to a dinner and a movie with some other friends from another circuit right after that annal thing!". Another brother and his small family (whom one of my sisters and a cousin bumped into while shopping at the local mall) mentioned that they fell asleep also--especially since they went to Comicon the night before, which they really enjoyed being there and couldn't stop talking about that!

I guess this "annal meeting" was really anal to some R&F this year. . . . . . . . . .

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I think the thing that kinda surprised me the most was they won't be printing any more yearbooks. We all thought the the org was in decline and those partaking would be really up there, especially this year. And I think we are all right. So the GB just said f*ck it! Fine, no more year books.

Just shows how non transparent they really are. Really this is great news for us in the vast apostate army.

• waton
    waton
    the same old rag being displayed for weeks upon end. from jookbeard

In the past, having a new full size magazine (even larger in French) was a boon to go back on your interested ones with interesting stuff every week. now what? its over.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Reducing the circulation, edition and printing of the Awake magazine, Watchtower magazine, books and other literature is exactly what WT should of been doing long ago...in fact they should of never gotten into the publishing business. The following warning was written precisely with counterfeit religious organizations like the WTBTS in mind:

Eccl 12:12 "...be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh."

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

A very popular reaction I'm getting is that these changes show how fast the "chariot is moving" and I've heard the whole fear doom message again. With the cutbacks of the publications, that eventually the preaching work will soon come to an end, so now is the time to decide whether to "get in or stay out"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit