I informed my family that the reason I will not be attending the memorial is because I believe Jesus is my mediator..

by joe134cd 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

By the way just for the record (and as I tried to explain this to my family to no avail) I certainly don’t believe in the trinity, and I can’t see how accepting Jesus as my mediator is the teaching of Demons. Lol. Just good ol JW reasoning I guess.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It is really weird how at one time, we were all in lock step in our rejection of JESUS without even giving it a second thought. It's almost like we were all under some sort of spell. Reminds me of the Galatians.

Ch. 3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you

• Giordano
    Giordano

I found it fascinating that Rutherford and Co decided to name their religion Jehovah's witnesses instead of Christian Witnesses.

There is only one mention of the need to be a witness of Jehovah and that was in the book of Isaiah.

However there are over 20 references to be a witness of Jesus in the NT.

What a colossal blunder to name themselves JW's when they could have been Christ's Witnesses.

Instead the WTBTS's approach is to treat Jesus as a Bethel heavy who is never a part of the inner circle.

During his memorial Jesus is in the back of the KH counting magazines.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes closer to fine that is correct Jesus is mediator only for the 144,000.

So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointedChristians." Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31
    "Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" (1986) pp.10-11

Also they like to cast doubt over who is anointed, too, (by intimating many who claim it have mental problems)but they , the GB, are definitely anointed.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

What’s the best wt source for the mediator teach is only the GB? Thanks.

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

Thank you for answering, Diogenesister. I understand their teachings that the 144k will rule in heaven, however, I thought I read somewhere that the GB said Jesus was the mediator for them and only them and that one must be associated with the GB to even stand a chance in armageddon. Is this correct? I may have misunderstood it. Thank you all.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

Strong work! The entire memorial makes no sense even if witnesses arent in the New Covenant, then there is no other means of forviveness for them. Not to mention, when you think about it, its just plain creepy everybody has to go to a building and touch a plate of crackers and glass of wine that they refuse to partake of, and then say that that ceremony in anyway is how the apostles had the meal with Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit