JW apologist

by jhine 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jhine
    jhine

Jehovah’s Witnesses and Sexual Abuse: 3. Some Common Misunderstandings

A chap called Terrill Hamons who l am taking to be a JW apologist on Quora sent me this link along with many others .

The sites are all about how misunderstood and unfairly treated the WT is .

Does anyone know of him ?

Jan

• Atlantis
  • jhine
    jhine

I would say it is . Thanks . As l said all the sites that he directed me to are trying to paint the WT as just misunderstood .

Jan

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

jhine:

All liars like to use that excuse. ( We didn't lie, we were just misunderstood!)

Yes, yes, and I'll bet they have a bridge they want to sell me!

Grandpa!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

One could say that the reason they are misunderstood is because they don't make sense.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Or they get that "new light" that keeps them changing their minds about everything

• User99
    User99

But hey, at least he gets to count the time, right?

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

MISUNDERSTOOD? Tell that to the Victims! Abuse is a crime no matter how you slice it or color it!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That dude blocks you from responding to many of his posts. So frustrating. Why does Quora allow posters to do that?!🙄

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Question:

Why does the 9th commandment say "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour" (Exodus 20:16)

Why does The Hebrew Bible contain a number of prohibitions against false witness, lying, spreading false reports, etc Exodus 20:16, Deuteronomy 5:20, Exodus 23:1-2, Proverbs 19:5, Isaiah 29:20-22

Wouldn't it because Jehovah knew how people are? Untrustworthy liars

And he believes in Blackstone's ratio which is "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit