Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Ever Do Anything For Anyone But Themselves?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What Blondie said. And for others who are not JW, highly unlikely, but only if it they get some kind of benefit from it.

Because in dubland, most JWs view "worldlies" as being wiped-out at the bigA and suitable to having their eyes plucked-out by the birds when the bigA is over.

Pretty much view nonJW people as dead-meat in other words.

• zeb
    zeb

I received some overtime pay and was moved to go buy a weeks groceries for a down and out family and this was seen as most generous when known....odd almost. The look on the families face when I (who didnt know them all that well) knocked on their door..(!) was pretty wonderful.

• ShirleyW
  • resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

As Blondie said...

e.g. Hey guys I got to do bla bla at home on the weekend, can you give us a hand...

Oh, we have to go out in the service, sorry maybe next time.

• minimus
    minimus

Excellent comments

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Most do only what will be seen by others. They seek praise for doing what most of us consider basic kindness. Their hearts are dead. Their allegiance isn't.

• blondie
    blondie

Remember the WTS likes to emphasize how Jesus performed a miracle for a Syrian woman although she was not a jew.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I don't think our JW family knows any of their neighbors. They do not reach out to any "worldly" people, unless they can convert them. JW's are wonderful at dehumanizing people.

• blondie
    blondie

Not only that but I knew older jws that got lost in the shuffle and no one cared to realize that they needed help taking of their home inside and outside. One sister's neighbor regularly mowed her yard and shoveled the snow without pay. Others helped them get to the doctor and out for groceries. Or jws would "suggest" that they use government and non-profit help. Wow! Sort of like this thinking that James counseled the early Christians for doing.

James 2:15

If any brothers or sisters are lacking clothing* and enough food for the day, 16 yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it?+ 17

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Right on the money as always blondie.

We see it right here in Australia,,,,,,If an ageing jw with no family nears death the elders fall over themselves to get the estate signed over to the org. If they have family in their thoughts or a will,,,, zero help from the elders. I have personally been involved in this scenario as a third person offering help on more than one occasion including the passing of my aged parents. If there were no relos, the elders would take over. If there were were relos I was left alone to offer help and practical assistance unhindered by the 'holy ones' ,,,,Charlatans.

jtg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit