Exercise Patience Regional Convention

by Rattigan350 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The theme of the in person convention this year is "Exercise Patience"

Looking at the Convention map, they are really using their assembly halls and they are using smaller civic centers or city arena. No more huge stadiums.

Are they not expecting a great crowd? Keeping their expenses low?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

So this did post. It was stuck on processing post.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The theme of the in person convention this year is "Exercise Patience"

Next year's in person convention : ''Exercise Patients''

• waton
    waton

Finding Meaning on the Hamster Wheel? How is That Working for You? - PBAcredit wiki images pro bono, free spreading droppings of already always old light, patiently.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Patience my ass!
  • HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Many a dub is still asking anxiously and restlessly when will The Big A occur. The title of this year's RC makes me wonder since the membership is feeling this way if WT trying to do some DAMAGE CONTROL so that these members will be SUBLIMINALLY INFLUENCED to continue on in this cultporation! ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿค” They STILL ain't foolin' NOBODY!! ๐Ÿ‘†โ˜๐Ÿฝ

• blondie
    blondie

Rattigan, yes keeping expenses low, using properties they already own, then charging their members for the rental. They have been doing that for some time in some limited way. The WTS is trying to "save" money and pass it on to their members. I wonder how long before the WTS assesses individual required donations (euphemism for tithing) for jws, not a congregational one. Of course, just a "suggestion," but if I understand correctly, the WTS now has access to congregation banking accounts.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Blondie, The thing is with these conventions at smaller venues and at Assembly Halls, they won't get the new public's attention like they did with the bigger ones and in the days that they had books they gave out.

The Conventions were their black Fridays where they got much donations and they knew their expenses. While this current arrangement reduces expenses, donations will go down too.

Look at Denver CO. The Aurora CO assembly hall has 8 conventions for the whole state. That's like 8 Circuit Assemblies which would be 9000 people. I remember going to the Mile High Stadium which has 76,000 seats. That was more exciting with the public noticing compared to a regular circuit assembly that no one will notice.

One step forward, 5 steps back.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'Rattigan, yes keeping expenses low, using properties they already own, then charging their members for the rental. They have been doing that for some time in some limited way. The WTS is trying to "save" money and pass it on to their members. I wonder how long before the WTS assesses individual required donations (euphemism for tithing) for jws, not a congregational one. Of course, just a "suggestion," but if I understand correctly, the WTS now has access to congregation banking accounts.'

You wonder how long it will be before the Borg mandates 'tithing'.

The sheeple will probably wake-up and quit going.

You

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

THE END IS AROUND THE CORNER, but Excercise Patience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit