Advice on fade?

by NotNorwich 24 Replies latest jw friends

• NotNorwich
    NotNorwich

So i can believe in the bible and God but if I’m not sure the FDs scripture really is the gb then I’m disfellowshipped?! I can’t find anything biblical that relates to the choosing of the jws in 1919 either. I always assumed it was my lack of understanding.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"So I can believe in the bible and God but if I’m not sure the FDs scripture really is the gb then I’m disfellowshipped?!"

Basically. This is the WT's mortal sin. Don't air any doubts about the GB in public or private, and you've got a decent chance of survival within that organisation.

Just quietly fade. Use the personal stress at home as your reason*. If you need to vent about the GB and your doubts, do it here.

*"Reason", not "excuse"; you don't need to justify yourself to these people.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah. Quietly fade .

Vent on here as much as possible.

Try to establish a network of non-witness friends .

Subscribe to Netflix to ease boredom and loneliness.

When/if eldubs corner or question you,,, you can quickly put an end to them imposing on you by saying,,,""Im fine. If I need you,,, I will contact you..'"' That should do it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    NotNorwich,,,btw. Welcome to the forum.
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I simply kept my mouth shut and refused to acknowledge the authority of the Watchtower any longer since thay have a 100% failure rate in predicing Christ's return, the geneartion of his return and a bunch of other flip flops as well.

Took about 8 years to get a new identity. I believe with the help that is available now from various ministries, it could be much shorter now.

After that, I knew how to defend myself and never looked back. What you see is what you get.

C'ya.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My advise as a successfully fader of 11 years:

- When dealing with orthodox JWs the less said the better off you’ll be.

- Don’t try to fix what isn’t broken. Been outspoken will only have one outcome. JC are highly stressful and unnecessary. Walk out the door, say nothing and you’ll feel a lot better for it.

- If you leaving for secular reasons. Remember leaving a restrictive religion is one thing; the body been the temple of God is something quite different. However, I don’t think this is the case with you. Confuse the two, or failing to distinguish the difference between these things, and it will not go well for you. Good luck my friend.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Basically. This is the WT's mortal sin. Don't air any doubts about the GB in public or private, and you've got a decent chance of survival within that organisation.

Very good point.- along with all the other good advice here.

This is how subversive the jw's are:

I've faded for years now. I know not to criticize the gb - but, as I have said here before, they don't even like that.

My own mother said to me: "The problem with you is that you put too much faith in the bible and God and not enough in the gb and the watchtower!!!"

I didn't answer her..

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

My advice: get some "worldly " friends or family who can help you in the transition. Always keep quiet around Jw's they will rat you out in a heart beat. Plan and plan.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Always keep quiet around Jw's they will rat you out in a heart beat.

And they will think you should thank them for trying to “save your (everlasting) life”!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Plan. Plan. Plan. Plan,,, plan & plan.

Reach out to workmates,, neighbors. Go to a gym hang out with people at random at the shopping mall. Go to Starbucks!!

Sometimes,,, to have friends ,, you have to reach out and be a "friend".

I know., especially those who are born on the borg may lack social skills. But just socialize with neighbors or workmates. Spontaneous conversations,,friendships. Find a common ground & go from there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit