The End of World War 1 was Exactly 100 Years Ago

by ILoveTTATT2 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

It is so amazing that the end of WWI was signed exactly 100 years ago! And in just a few more hours, at 11:00AM on 11 November 2018, Paris time, the combat actually stopped! (The war wasn´t officially over until 1919).

It is such a historic moment, for the entire world, but also for JW´s, and for exJW´s.

For almost the entire length of the war, the Witnesses thought that the war was the prelude to Armageddon. So, a lot of them must have been very scared around this time 100 years ago. They really must have thought, "this is it"!

I will soon post the clippings of the Watchtower articles where they mentioned this.

Also, I have to note some facts related to the "generation" doctrine:

In 1981, they defined it as "anyone who was 10 years or older at the beginning of WWI".

There are only 6 people alive right now who fit that definition.

And, starting in a few hours, there will only be around 500 people in the world who were 10 years or older when WWI ENDED. Officially, all living supercentenarians (people who are 110 years or older) will be on that list!

• waton
    waton
    For almost the entire length of the war, the Witnesses thought that the war was the prelude to Armageddon. IlTTatt

I think, The Bible Students were told that 1914, the beginning of WW1 was the beginning of Armageddon, and their ascent to heaven. From 1918 on they proclaimed, The World has ended, "Millions now living will never die."

During the 1918-1919 period, not everyone disarmed, and major shifts in borders ensued by force of arms. that set the stage for resumption of hostilities in 1939. England declaring war on Germany again.

Huge tragedies. Royal cousins bleeding their subjects, in madness mutual mass slaughters.
    So much valour. and also needless horror inflicted on civilians.

not civil wars.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

For almost the entire length of the war, the Witnesses thought that the war was the prelude to Armageddon. IlTTatt

What I said... I will post the proof soon... tomorrow morning my time...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Interesting post and i look forward your next post. IITTATT2

• waton
    waton
    the Witnesses thought that the war was the prelude to Armageddon.ILTTaTT2

Was it not only in 1931 that the Witnesses name first appeared? Russelites perhaps, Bible students?

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Yes, yes... the Bible Students.... the point is they thought that the war was the prelude to Armageddon.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I.B.S.A. International Bible Students Association with C.T.Russell as their founder and his successor J.F.Rutherford who then changed their name to what he termed a more Biblical name to Jehovah`s Witnesses quoting Isa.43 :10-12..

Most likely little did he know back then that it was a Catholic Spanish Monk of the 13th Century that came up with the name Jehovah when he used the four letters of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton and translated those four Hebrew letters into Latin ,then English with JHVH then inserting a few vowels came up with the name Jehovah.

So Jehovah`s Witnesses today are unknowingly worshiping a Catholic named God Jehovah .

When in reality the more correct translation of those 4 Hebrew letters of the Tetragrammaton would be Y H W H namely Yahweh .

As their was no "J" sounding name in Hebrew .

• new boy
    new boy

Yes the generation that would never pass away.....is passing away.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

the "generation" doctrine:

In 1981, they defined it as "anyone who was 10 years or older at the beginning of WWI". There are only 6 people alive right now who fit that definition.

So it's still possible the end might come -

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So it's still possible the end might come

Yes the end of the lying and corrupt JWorg/WTS. Publishing house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit