WTS slanders world famous rock n roll band - the truth revealed

by joe_from_kokomo 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

You have probably heard the excerpt in a talk at your Kingdom Hall. It has been inserted in more than one outline, and although it sounds pretty dated by now, it is still in use. We started attending in 1995 (we're out now), but I can recall hearing this same story told at least 5 or 6 times by different brothers in their Sunday morning talk:

It goes something like this:

"...the rock bands of today are inspired by Satan and under his demonic influence. One famous rock band which became popular in the late 1970s, KISS, has a name that means "Knights In Satan's Service."

As one very familiar with rock n roll before I became a Witness, that statement threw me when I first heard it uttered from the platform, but I dismissed it. Later, I came to believe it was probably true.

But, was it? Did the name of the rock band KISS really mean "Knights In Satan's Service"?

The answer can be found in Gene Simmon's own autobiographical book, "KISS and Make-Up", which gives readers a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at this world famous rock group. While I am no longer a KISS fan, (as I admit I was for a brief period when I was 16 years old and KISS were at their peak), I still believe that the truth is important, even in the least of things. Note what Gene Simmons, bassist and founder of KISS states about this matter in his book:

"At that time, misinformation about the band began to spread in the southern Bible Belt states, including a rumor that the name KISS stood for Knights In Satan's Service, and that the four of us were devil worshippers...this rumor started as the result of an interview I gave in Circus Magazine after our first album...the comment seemed to ignite the whole idea that in some way KISS was aligned with devil worship."

"When I was asked whether I worshipped the devil, I simply refused to answer for a number of reasons: the frist reason, of course, was that it was good press. Let people wonder. The other reason was my complete disregard for the people who were asking. The religious fanatics who were asking these questions didn't deserve the time of day..."

So, once again, the Watchtower society has been using a rumor- false information- to drive home yet another of their points to the flock. Once again, they failed to get their facts straight first, even in the littlest things. What do you think?

• shamus
    shamus

Of course! I never believed that nonsense!

Knights in Satan's Service... give me a BREAK!

How about AC/DC - meaning ANTI-CHRIST/DEVILS-CHILD

IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT. IT MEANS ALTERNATING CURRENT, DIRECT CURRENT, in otherwords loud music.

They are sooooo spaced out it is not even funny.

I told an elder what I thought of their Kiss and AC/DC meanings... absolute nonsense and utter stupidity. That's why I never became a Ministerial Servant. Thank god.

• Brummie
    Brummie

<,---'Immediately throws all KISS albums in the bin'

• shamus
    shamus

Brummie,

I hate kiss, but the albums are worth $$$.

Give them to me! I'll sell them!

"I was made for lovin' you babay... you were made for lovin' me!!!!"

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Man, what's this KISS stuff, listen to good rock. Metallica!!! LOL.

• shamus
    shamus

Kiss sucks. Ac/Dc sucks. I just hate how the witlesses make them seem like demon lovers.

• talesin
    talesin

"Call Me Dr. Love" "PlasterCaster" "Hard Luck Woman"

K*I*S*S rules as a 70's icon in R&R. Like it or not.

The whole Knights in Service of Satan, gimme a break. They were a showband, that's it. Same as Alice Cooper, and today, Marilyn Manson.

Silly how WTS makes a big deal out of musicians and bands. They should GET A LIFE!

Here's to good old, basic R&R. One form of music, no better, no less than any other.

talesin

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Come on , we were all told that KISS stood for "Kids in Search of Satan"

These things came about, IMHO, because the WTS was only too pleased to copy quotes from fundamentalist Bible Belt nonentities who should have been ignored - especially by an org that is supposed to stand for truth in all things .

Somebody once said that "It is all too easy to convince people of something that they would like to believe anyway".. They disliked loud rock music and bizarre stage shows , so anything bad must surely be true and worth passing on ...

Shamus Ac/Dc sucks.
    I beg to differ , Kerraaannng!!!
  • SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Well I'll just have to ask Gene what KISS really stands for tonight! I'm going to see their show with Areosmith here in Denver tonight!

• rocketman
    rocketman

They do react very typically (for them) whenever a new group or genre emerges and gains popularity, especially among young people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit