What is the monthly stipend that the bethelites receive every month?

by StephaneLaliberte 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The reason for some of the contradiction in figures is that the amount varies by person. There is a monthly allowance, an annual allowance that is different depending on a person's age, and potentially a car allowance. I do not know the current figures, but it would average out somewhere between $150 to $250 per month.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I used to get $114 a month.

The Beer Store was always busy the day Citi Bank had the deposit...

• anthonym
    anthonym

In 1995, $90/month

$300 every January for clothing

You had to pay for an AC in your room ($60, summer only). Car repairs done at cost. Your car insurance was on a group plan. You paid for commissary, toiletries, dental work, meds. We paid for long distance, all those yearbooks our friends wanted early, and other literature. Donations, of course.

I made money doing “airport runs” ($20) and renting my car out to another brother on my meeting nights (not the same as mine). I also charged for rides to the KH and service but no more than the $1.25 subway fare each way.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

So about a decade ago I know it was about $100 for a “young” bethelite, and they got allowances for travel and clothing. Married and people that had been there for long times, they have a system of overseers etc got more.

There was great emphasis from the branch that the congregation assigned would be supporting their travel as well, which off course was not give it to the bethelite but send it as part of world wide work.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

In the '70s in NYC, I seem to remember $17.00 per month plus a travel allowance (subway fare for 3 round trips per week). An annual clothing payment of 150.00? USD.

I am glad I had some savings and proceeds from the sale of a car, and a garage sale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit