Would you have married your spouse if you weren't both JWs?

by 3rdgen 55 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Back stabbing a spouse publicly never was something to engage in.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Meeting my wife was the only good thing about the cult.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Sherrie,

"I married because I thought that was [what] I needed in order to complete the process of being dedicated to Jehovah!"

Not sure I understand. Can you elaborate?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Cofty,

That is GREAT! Congrats!

Old hippy,

See! There is some good news too. This thread is not about back stabbing anyone. Edited to add : I'm in a reflective mood at the moment and I want to know about the effects of cult influences on people's choices of Who they marry, When, and Why.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

No we wouldn't have met.

My wife is a good wife. On out wedding night see told me she lay awake watching me sleep and couldn't believe we were married. We have only ever had two/three small disagreements in more than 30 years. No shouting or throwing things.

She commented once that there is no passion.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Ucan't,

Wow, married 30 years with 2 or 3 small disagreements!?!?! You two should get some kind of prize. Unfortunately, lack of passion could be a factor.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious
    Do you mean my wife would have accepted my proposal if both were not JW? No way - she is out of my league! But now we are both on the same page, play the game and keep family away.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Da,Furious,

You are probably being modest. :) So glad you both left and are on the same page.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Yes. His personality and mine are very much in sink and compliment each other very well. He is one hell of a looker, to me of course.

I feel very fortunate in this regard.

DY

• brandnew
    brandnew

@3rdgen 😂😂 put the beer goggles down, ... And step away from the bottle !!!

Just jokin.......drink on !! 😉 cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit