"... climate of disfellowshipping in Hull currently... " - Hull Daily Mail

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Article from the above news paper...

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/hull-jehovahs-witnesses-speak-out-444185

Maybe BoE in North East England having an attack of zealous fervour!

• LV101
    LV101

Nich - thanks for link. They kick JWs out for asking questions but protect and maintain their halls for the cult's beloved pedophiles. Gotta love religious freedom and what it really protects.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

disfellowshipping children as young as 10....that is disgusting! What can that child possibly have done?? They are destroying peoples lives. It makes me sick and ashamed I belonged to them for so long.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Incredible. Sadly, it's nothing new really, just a more virulent strain of cult-behaviour.

This religion destroys families. That's the truth, the real truth.

• Londo111
    Londo111

“You used to be disfellowshipped for only very serious breaches, such as committing a crime, but now it seems to be simply for asking questions.”

They've allot to learn about the history of this organization! It's always been that way.

• freddo
    freddo

Oh look! Polly Parrot is parroting the half truths from JWdotborg website with "theocratic warfare" ...

"A spokesman explained the process of disfellowship and shunning.

He said: “Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.

“We do not automatically disfellowship someone who commits a serious sin. If, however, a baptized Witness makes a practice of breaking the Bible’s moral code and does not repent, he or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped.

“The religious ties someone who is disfellowshipped had with their family changes, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue.”"

Deceitful little parrot repeating the deceitful words on the deceitful website.

• kairos
    kairos

After all those years thinking this was the truth and then it all being lies...
    That'll mess with you.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think Wt has to take a strong look at their procedures in light of holding onto their charity status. Been able to prove that they are for the good of the community is another consideration as well. I can see this been a real issue down the line for them if they don't change.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

UPDATE

Terrifying Jehovah's Witnesses 'witch hunt' deepens to include 'shunning' non-members

Hull Daily Mail, Thursday, September 28, 2017

Former Jehovah's Witnesses in Hull say shunning has 'stepped up' since speaking out

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses who spoke out against the organisation say the religious group is encouraging more people to shun them.

Former members in Hull described how they were asked to leave the group and shunned, leaving them isolated from loved ones, because they questioned elements of the doctrine preached by the religious group.

Now, members say the practice of shunning, which follows a form of ex-communication known as 'disfellowship', is also being extended to non-members.

Adrienne Van Den Tooren, of west Hull, said: “Witnesses are now contacting non-Witnesses telling them to have nothing to do with us.

“Witnesses claim we are mad and have been banging down the doors of Kingdom Hall.

“The policy and procedures in place make Jehovah’s Witnesses an organisation of abuse and oppression. Every area of life is controlled and monitored by the organisation.

“After the article was published a family member told me I had been silly and ridiculous and will now have nothing to do with me."

READ FULL ARTICLE: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/terrifying-jehovahs-witnesses-witch-hunt-541793

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Seems to me a case of paranoia. Is their faith so brittle that it cannot cope with being questioned or analysed? I suggest that those who question and express doubts re the Org's credentials are more genuine and honest than those who blindly swallow everything without at least checking it's nutritional worth..... I have more respect for such honest questioners. They shouldn't be disfellowshipped, rather their questions etc should be openly addressed and appreciated. They're not seeking to sink the ship, just testing the seaworthiness of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit