Post convention grumps..

by zeb 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

HM of you with a divided house have to put up with this? In this house its walking a mine field.

also our little cat has been gone for some 24 hours and her absence is also my fault apparently.

• blondie
    blondie

I can say that if that is the case, now that I knew that that my cat was missing, I would be calling the place that lost pets are taken as soon as they open. I had a dog and cat both who would dart out the door in a second. Both would disappear. The dog ran as fast as possible until she got somewhere she didn't know at all (the short term is "lost.) Fortunately, some kind person would take her to the animal shelter and when I called and she was there, I went down and picked her up. We finally got her a tag on her collar with her name, and our phone number. (we finally got a chip put in her with that info on it).

Neither one was ever allowed to run loose outside. But the desire to be outside can be strong in animals.

Sorry, zeb.

• zeb
    zeb

Thanks Blondie,

she has gone for walkabout before and then turned up. In Australia now there is a field of thought that cats are responsible for all the destruction of all native wild life and this gives some people the rights to kill or maim them on sight. She is sterilized and chipped so if she is caught and handed in we will be told.

We have tried various collars but she slips them.

• steve2
    steve2

zeb, what do you put the "post convention grumps" down to? Most JWs I know are on a spiritual/self-righteous high after conventions - they're intolerable for a different reason than the one you mention.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

We are getting ready to build a catio (screened patio for the cats) with access from the inside, all9ws cats secure access to the outside, but not freedom to roam. Paid $49 for detailed step by step professional plans. Downloaded and printed them. Either I will build it or have a friend help.

We have 9 cats, all rescue. Keeping some of them inside is a challenge, even after our recent move to our new (new to us) house. Same neighborhood. Plug in pheromone diffuser is helping calm them.

All but one of ours is chipped, I have to got to get on that task.

As to the divided house: I am sooooo grateful not to have to deal with that. Only my mom is still a dub, and she is 600 miles away. Post-convention blues. Spiritual high, come back to harsh reality. I had it bad after 8 weeks of MTS and only being around so-called uber dubs. Depressing.

Snakes (Rich )

• zeb
    zeb

thanks all.

Steve2,

I can only guess but I think its because she believes that we alone live in dull reality but all other jw are outrageously happy all the time; and this happy face for the meeting/convention is what she wants 24/7.

Yes thats it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t know how you can put up with it zeb , you must have the patience of Job .

my thoughts are with you ,

take care.

PS ,And I certainly don`t have the answers for you.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

As a life-long animal lover and whose favourite is a cat, I hope you get your dear pet back soon.

As for the JW harassment, try your best to switch off and imagine you're somewhere else.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“I can only guess but I think its because she believes that we alone live in dull reality but all other jw are outrageously happy all the time; and this happy face for the meeting/convention is what she wants 24/7.”

Hm, yes, I used to get down over that... when I was a naive dub. I bet though when Mrs Zeb goes to a meeting she has a Kingdom Smile too.

Funnily enough, after I stopped believing, after initial trauma at home married life improved greatly. I guess we were not competing .

Good luck mate..

• stillin
    stillin

Zeb, some wives are like that. I have to remind myself that just maybe someday, my wife will grow up and take some responsibility instead of blaming everything on me.

I think that you're right about after conventions it was worse. The dramas are filled with really wise and wonderful people dealing with everyday (sarcasm) decisions and here my wife is, stuck with a jerk that isn't anywhere near as spiritual as those people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit