Anyone know the significance of the three days and nights Jesus is dead?

by Crazyguy 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

In my studies I’ve come to realize that most dying and rising gods such as Inanna, Jesus and others all were dead three days and nights. The moon is dead as far as man not being able to see it in the sky three days and nights but many of these gods are not associated with the moon, Osiris maybe being the only exception. Have any of you in your research come up with a plausible idea on why there all dead just threes days and three nights?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Its all Myth, copied from some other earlier myths. Hence......

• sir82
    sir82

Just a wild stab in the dark....

Maybe 3 days is when unmistakable evidence of death becomes physically evident - decomposition, odor, etc. Probably everybody in a stone-age village would be aware of that.

Maybe "3 days and 3 nights" is the right amount of time to determine that someone was irrefutably dead, and thus priests of whatever stone-age proto-religion was ascendant would make sure their stories of resurrections always included a 3-day span?

I.e., after 3 days, there could be no possible claim of "he wasn't really dead", when considering tales of resurrection?

• breakfast of champions
  • Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I thought the 3 day and night death was supposed to match up with the 9th plague of Egypt.

"Then the LORD said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness will spread over Egypt—darkness that can be felt." So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three days.""

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagues_of_Egypt

• Splash
    Splash

It fulfills the prophecy of the Sign Of Jonah. Kinda.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

It has to do with Jewish tradition and they were all Jewish. The Zohar teaches that the soul lingers for 3 days before it leaves the body. It is also Jewish tradition that the body be buried as soon as possible, and no more than 3 days after death. Source

I think the real question is: What is the significance of the number three occurring so often in Jewish tradition?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Astrology/Astronomy has a massive influence on ALL ancient civilizations. The Bible even speaks of the celestial bodies existing for determining “times and seasons.”

Small wonder that there are so many similar “prophecies” among ancient religions.

DD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is a big fat lie. That thing they call jesus is nothing more than a way to collect all of our spiritual energy and use it to enslave us--and it did a thorough job at that. It is also channeling the beneficial energy of the sun toward that thing. It is really the sun--the only Christ I recognize is, in fact, the sun.

And yes, the sun "dies" on the "cross" by settling to its southernmost point for three days before moving north again. It "dies" on the Winter Solstice, sits there for three days, and then is "raised" by moving north again on Christmas Day. The sun provides the perfect light, and salvation from the dreary short, cold days of late fall. And we have this jesus thing stealing that energy to help joke-hova enslave the whole world.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

In the NT Jesus makes it sound like he's the sun.

"I am the light of the world."

The sun must have died for 3 hours when Jesus died on the cross. The sun must have died earlier than that when it was off for 3 days on the 9th plague of Egypt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit