Any information about an apostate from the 30s?

by paradiseseeker 16 Replies latest jw friends

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

Here in Spain we have just had a special visit from the central branch representative (well I'm not sure what his position is) and in his talk he mentioned an episode in which an apostate and his supporters were expelled from Bethel in the early 30s under Rutherford's rule. I didn't catch the name, it was something like "Shutter" or "Shulter".

This event was mentioned to bring attention to a woman who was very close to this apostate and just because of that she was unfairly expelled from Bethel as well, but she was "humble" and "content" enough to leave the matter on Jehovah's hands and she was reaccepted in Bethel after a while.

Do you have any information about this apostate?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

May have been Schnell, who wrote a book 'Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave' back in the day. I read his book once; wasn't impressed.

• Giordano
    Giordano

It might have been some of the International Bible Students. They did not accept Rutherford and what he promoted. A ton left After Russell died and during the 20's. By the 30's his rules were in place.

The Rutherford was a total nut job aided by alcohol .......when he died his son and ex wife refused to attend the funeral.

A simplified chart of historical developments of major groups within Bible Students.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Walter Salter maybe? Rutherfrauds legal man.

G.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Great find Gorbatchov!

That's the guy Paradiseseeker. Goggle him it's interesting.

• OrphanCrow
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

walter salter--lol.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Yes it was Walter Salter he mentioned and the sister was a good friend of his wife so she got kicked out of the Canadian Bethel by association. Apparently years later Rutherford invited her to go back to Bethel.

The speaker was called Alex Reinmuller and it was 90 minutes of pure boredom. There were so many in our hall falling asleep! Why on earth they have an English/American speaker visit Spain is beyond me and in fact, I feel is downright rude! If you’re going to visit a country to “spiritually encourage” them, you should at least speak the lingo. Shows they place more emphasis on the PERSON rather than the supposed spiritual food. The Latino they had translating at least tried to put some feeling into his translation.

• RolRod
    RolRod

I have Salters books

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What book is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit