Anyone know a link to the leaked music video the cult is so upset about?

by mickbobcat 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I have been hearing the cult is upset that this video leaked and is trying to remove it off the net. LOL Are they really that stupid? Yes they are. But if anyone has a link to the video I would love to see it.

• vienne
    vienne

It's not stupid to vigorously defend a copyright. My mom had to do that. Pirating intellectual property is theft.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Is that what they're doing though? What's the video?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Vienne you are just a troll. That is stupid and the tower lost. Its all over the net. Just found it. Not worth sharing its so god damn dumb. They are really lame.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Defending a copyright? Then what about when the washtowel blatantly ripped off Vangelis' song Chariots of Fire (recorded in 1981, a big hit in early spring 1982) for its Kingdumb Malady 42 (released in July 1984, probably recorded and written in late 1983 or early 1984)? And if the washtowel can so brazenly pirate a song, then what is so wrong with blabbing one of their videos? Not to mention no one is stealing credit for the video the way the washtowel did for Chariots of Fire.

• vienne
    vienne

I'm not a troll. Copyright is a legal device settled in the US Constitution to protect intellectual rights. Write a book? Or produce music? Hopefully you get paid. Others steal it? They take your rights and any money you may make from it.

Watchtower violating someone else's copyright does not erase the importance of copyright law.

Do you have a link to the Chariots of Fire issues? Was there a lawsuit? I would like to know more.

• vienne
    vienne

mick, exactly which suit did Watchtower lose? You mean the darkspilver thing? Was that about a song?

• JeffT
    JeffT

2 points.

1) I am a writer. Copyright laws insure that I get paid for my work. Bypassing the law is theft, plain and simple.

2) That said, It's hard to copyright music. The words are easy enough to sort out, the music is harder to prove who owned what. There's a musician, Rick Beato, on you tube that does a good job of explaining why there are so many lawsuits in the music industry. He uses the Spirit/Led Zeppelin fight to illustrate the problem. Short answer: all pop music sounds the same.

• alanv
    alanv

Lloyd Evans has just done a video about it, including the actual video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Osu1lz2gQ

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Jeff I don't pay for music. Its available free to down load whole albums. So unless I want a record to have in my collection I don't pay for it. Same with movies. There are torrents to streaming and its all free. Screw these people who make millions and want a few dollars more. Not my money. Its like those stupid radio ads that have some kids talking about down loading music and the other kid says you are not paying those people to create. Bla bla bla. LMAO. Do the dolts really think that is something that some person will hear and say man, Jeff needs a new Mercedes so I better buy his music? Not a chance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit