Britney Spears Likes George Bush!!

by teenyuck 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Sad.. One group of ditzy, slutty, southern singers is praised for blasting the president and another ditzy, slutty, southern singer is blasted for praising the president.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    She sounds like someone who may very well be too fearful to utter any opinion other than blind support for the president for fear of being accused/abused/boycotted as many others have.

....and they thought the McCarthy Era would never happen again! History does repeat itself. Welcome to the paranoid 21st century.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

If you want to talk about Mccarthyism, try saying "I'm a Evangelical Christian" in most Colleges and Media outlets.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    If you want to talk about Mccarthyism, try saying "I'm a Evangelical Christian" in most Colleges and Media outlets.

Try saying you are conservative, republican or that you support George Bush on campus. I have and it's the reason I live off campus. I have been spit on, yelled at and threatened with physical harm because of my beliefs. I don't shout them either, I just voice them. It would be soooooo easy to switch teams.

But I won't.

I guess I must be shallow too although I don't support Bush because he's president. I certainly didn't support Clinton because of that.

Also we don't really know what Britney actually said. The news media makes up enough on their own or twists words around so that we can't tell for sure what she said. Maybe she said that, maybe not.

• talesin
    talesin
    She may have boobies; brains are another thing

Yes, brain implants haven't been perfected yet.

I live off campus. I have been spit on, yelled at and threatened with physical harm because of my beliefs.

Stacy, this is disgusting - it wouldn't happen here. You could always transfer up here, many Americans go to university here in Nova Scotia.

tal

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I also like and trust George Bush. I guess I also need brain implants.

• jws
    jws
    Sad.. One group of ditzy, slutty, southern singers is praised for blasting the president and another ditzy, slutty, southern singer is blasted for praising the president.

As I remember, those southern singers were blasted by most of America and sparked protests against them, CD smashing, boycotts, etc., by childish right-wingers who feel everyone should goose-step with them.

Britney supports the president and I don't see liberals protesting, boycotting, and smashing her CDs. It seems a much more mature attitude. I don't really care that she feels this way, though the article makes a good point, questioning her reasoning. Where were these "loyal to the president, no matter what" people when Clinton was being impeached? If she stood by Clinton, then I give her credit for standing by her princple.

I'm not a fan anyway, but I'm not going to take any sort of action against her or try to incite others to hate her. I haven't supported Bush's policies. Arnold Schwarzenegger does, but I still went to see T3.

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

I'm not a fan of Britney Spears, her shamelessness, her music, or any of the products she endorses... except for her tacit endorsement of breast implants. But the difference between her and the Dixie Chix is that she didn't go out of her way to assert an opinion on President G.W. Bush, negative or positive. It seems here she was asked a question and she simply answered it. She has no reason to believe that she would be alienating her fan-base. Not so with the Chix, who displayed utter naivete on the repercussions of their initial words, their impudent defiance in the face of their fan-base in appearing as nude martyrs on a magazine cover, and now making a deliberate break with country music scene like a bunch of sore losers. They, like most celebrities who are not admired for their viewpoints on foreign policy, serve themselves best by just sticking to their day jobs.

"Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent." --Proverbs 17.28

• talesin
    talesin

RT

FYI, I was making fun of Britney, not commenting on George Bush.

talesin

(who doesn't want to get flamed unless she deserves it)

• foreword
    foreword

Maybe Bush is praying that all her teeny bopper fans turn 18 by election day....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit