Has anyone else recently been contacted by a once close JW friend or relative? Could this be a new JW tactic?

by Latte 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

no former friends or cult family members have tried to contact me.

somehow i dont think they want me back.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LATTE:

I think the religion knows it lost many of its best and brightest. They either passed away OR were among the many who left the religion after 1995. And, to fill the many empty seats in the halls, JWs started studies with the homeless and other "needy" types.

When the remaining responsible elderly Witnesses finally pass away, what is the religion going to be left with?..Answer: the "needy" types mentioned above. The religion now has a reputation of having too many disturbed individuals.

I think the religion is wishing for the old days when they had more desirable people there, for several reasons money being the main one. Unfortunately for the religion, it is too late to entice these people back since they are done with it and have moved on!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Yes! So strange. Just out of the blue we get a text message from someone who hasn't cared if we are alive or not for at least a few years. The text message just says - how is the family? We miss you at the meetings.

The time for caring has passed.

• tor1500
    tor1500

@Awakenednow,

I hope so too...everyone needs a safe place to vent...Many will wake up....trust me...there is a certain vibe in the hall lately....can't say what it is...but it's a feeling...I think most are just going through the motions...They have been there for so long...why change now...they have their social life all tied up in the org....

Many want to leave but can't for whatever reasons...maybe one day the org. should have a window of opportunity...tell folks they can leave now with no repercussions and no announcement...

That would be huge...

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit