California Election a GO for 7 OCT

by Yerusalyim 40 Replies latest jw friends

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Did you live by the safeway in front of Linda Mar?

No, I lived by the old trashy Safeway in Pacific Manor at the other end of Pacifica. We lived in the Ocean View Apartments, right on the ocean (same block that lost part of the cliff).

Traded a beautiful ocean view for a view of burned out tenements and crack houses. Live and learn!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Pacific Manor, yep just up the road a few miles. Which rock is that behind you in that avatar?

Which hall did you go to? And when? I was the little tart everyone gossiped about, rumors of being a bisexual and even trying to kiss little pioneer sisters. Of course they kissed back.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Whoohoo! I've been buried in work the last couple of days and felt, what will be will be.

As a Californian, I'm ready to go to the polls to get this SOB out of office. If anyone had doubts about his political machinations prior to the recall, they'd do well to see what legislature he's approved since his butt's been on the line.

This cannot be ignored.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Davis is gone, nothing left to do but count the chads.

I am a conservative, Arnold isn't, but I would vote for him to keep a liberal out of office.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    wanna start looking?

ooooooh, does this mean we have a shopping trip in our future mel? you KNOW i'm down!!!

ps, that skirt i wore to capitol garage was cut practically to my ahem!!!! :P

stace, lol, always so helpful and unselfish :P

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Euph,

Well said!

Stacey and Tink...woooohooooo!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Stacy,

Which rock is that behind you in that avatar?

I don't know its name. It was the one I could see from my balcony.

Which hall did you go to? And when?

I was disfellowshipped 23 years ago in the Virgin Islands. Never had the "pleasure" of attending any Kingdom Hall in California (except the one on Alemany Ave. for the memorial one year). If you worked my territory while I was living in Pacifica, I was the guy in Pacific Manor whose territory card read "Apostate - Do Not Call". Whenever they worked my building, every door was knocked except mine. That couldn't have been by accident!

I was the little tart everyone gossiped about, rumors of being a bisexual and even trying to kiss little pioneer sisters.
    I think I figured out where the term "Jehovah's Happy People" came from. It has nothing to do with attending 5 meetings a week, going out in field service, or looking towards the thousand year reign. It's all about gossip. I've never seen two Jehovah's Witnesses happier than when they're talking about a third party who is not present!
  • happyout
    happyout

Initially I was against the recall ONLY because of the cost. I read where the cost to the taxpayers is now up to 90 freakin' million dollars! And we have a deficit that is growing daily.

However, now that it's on, I will vote to get this idiot out of office before California becomes the terrorist capital of the world. I cannot believe he signed a bill to allow illegal aliens to legally aquire driver's licenses. And WHERE THE HELL is the Federal government, or the people who are supposed to enforce the Patriot Act? Allowing illegals to obtain drivers licenses is also the first step in voter fraud, welfare fraud, and other nasty things. And I don't understand why he said he "had" to triple the car registration costs, but everyone else is saying they are going to recind it. I usually vote democrat, but there is no way I can vote for Cruz, I just don't believe in any of the philosophies I have heard him spout.

One of the increasingly hot buttons is the issue of Indian Gaming and taxes. I need to read up more on it, but my initial thought is, no money making entity should be completely tax free unless it is a charity.

I like McClintock (wow, how scary that I said that), don't much like Arnold. I think you need political experience to be governor, and he has none. I think he should start smaller, learn the ropes, and then run. Kinda like I don't want a "new" doctor performing their first surgery on me.

God, what are they doing to my state???

Happyout

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

If that's the rock in Pacific Manor it's Mussel Rock. You had a great view didn't you?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    You had a great view didn't you?

You bet I did! I'll post some photos one of these days when I can find which floppy I've got them on.

Mean time, I'm stuck here in the middle of burned out row homes, tenements, and crack houses. I may post some photos of this neighborhood one of these days, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit