What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

Dear Formerbrother

In my experience, all the answers we seek are wrapped up in the priceless gospel message - aka "the truth of the good news".

If someone is unable to explain the "good news" according to Paul (and Moses, Isaiah, and Psalms) how can they claim that the "good news" is in their heart and on their lips?

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother
    Better to stick to the bible, ALL of it. JWs are the only ones who do that. Using the divine name is also key.
  • Formerbrother
    Formerbrother
    Dear Formerbrother

In my experience, all the answers we seek are wrapped up in the priceless gospel message - aka "the truth of the good news".

If someone is unable to explain the "good news" according to Paul (and Moses, Isaiah, and Psalms) how can they claim that the "good news" is in their heart and on their lips?

-

Couldnt agree more. The good news of the Kingdom is the theme of the bible, its also what the JWs are the only ones preaching this to all the nations.

What point are you making? Do you know of anybody else preaching this to all the nations?

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Acts5:29 "The watchtower studies the scriptures more than other religions - so until other religions do the same and compete with them, they will probably suit you best "

I dont want something that suits me best, I want the truth.

Most people do just want what suits them best, thats why one of these once saved always saved religions suit them best, then they can do what they like be imoral and still think they are saved.

The truth from the bible is completely different.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Former Brother In whàt way was the Anglican Church debunked ? Because we don't do door to door ? That has been dealt with , it is not necessary to preach in that way . ln fact Jesus said not to do that . You simply cannot let go of JW indoctrination can you ? I wonder what you are trying to achieve on here . You admit problems with the WT , then use it as a yard stick by which to measure other denominations . l think that you are trying to talk yourself back into a KH , but know that there is so much wrong with the org . Jan

-

Jan, where did Jesus say not to preach door to door? I think you will find this is exactly what he wanted. Not just that way, but the last thing he said on earth was Math28:19,20, to go therefor and make disciples of people of all the nations.

I do not see the Anglican faith doing this.

Which problems do I admit with Jehovah's Witnesses? I admit to imperfect humans making mistakes, but you cant blame Jehovah for this. He has given us all free will, and the option to choose.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Former brother,

Your thread is actually an advertisement for the watchtower, is it not? You do not reason, you do not ask.

Are you a "former brother" - as in ex, or are you a "former brother" as in one who forms the watchtower community?

EDIT: - and I ask this in respect out of a more widespread - rather than my own - feeling of wonder

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

I should state plainly for you, publicly on your thread:

The century-long preaching of imminent Armageddon by the watchtower is completely flawed.

The 1st earthly event of the vision of Revelation has not yet occurred, so Armageddon cannot possibly be imminent.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hello former Brother. I have not read all the posts here, but asked a similar question some time ago. I find that there is so much that the Watchtower have right, but the there are many things that don't sit right as highlighted on this forum. As a result of this, I have no other choice but to lead a double life. On the one hand, I wish to maintain my faith in God and Jesus Christ; as well as my relationships with family and friends by remaining as one of jehovah's witnesses; yet on the other, I can't agree with some of watchtowers teachings and policies. For example, I celebrate my child's birthday with my born in JW wife (on the quiet of course) as believe this to be a matter of conscience. I buy a mothers day card for my wife as believe this to be harmless. If faced with a life threatening situation on blood, I will allow the medical professionals to do what they need to do to save my life, though blood be used as a very last resort. I prefer to simply call myself a Christian when at work as don't like sectarianising my faith. Christians are the name given to the brothers in the first century by divine providence, as written in the book of Acts.

As a current member, I often write anonymously to the GB in the hope they change some of their policies on matters such as their current shunning policy, child abuse policy, conscientious matters such as the blood issue, celebration of birthdays and so forth.

I believe the pen is mightier than the sword and hope that the GB budge their iron fisted finger on many of their man made rules and policies. I am by no means perfect, and am a sinner like everyone else, but can maintain my spirituality despite everything. I would rather stick with things for now than simply throw the baby out with the bathwater and leave. I wont allow men's rules to destroy my faith, or my relationships with family and friends. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

TE

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Better to stick to the bible, ALL of it. JWs are the only ones who do that. Using the divine name is also key.

It is my experiences that the JWs do very little of the bible. They do not do anything scriptural. They have a new testament of Jesus. A false new testament. How do we know? Look at their fruits. Really, look at the fruits. No one can name one JW fruit. Everything in JW doctrine is a copy of catholic teachings. Going door to door with a catholic book [the bible] telling everyone that Jehovah is God's true name [coined by a catholic monk] telling people that they are the biblical authority in prophesy and meaning [with a history of less than 200 years] What are the fruits? If it is from God, there would be fruits.
    What's the JW alternative? Try a church has real fruits that have helped billions and billions and billions. Jws have works that have no fruits. NAME A FRUIT, JUST ONE GOOD FRUIT FROM JWs please.
  • Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Hello former Brother. I have not read all the posts here, but asked a similar question some time ago. I find that there is so much that the Watchtower have right, but the there are many things that don't sit right as highlighted on this forum. As a result of this, I have no other choice but to lead a double life. On the one hand, I wish to maintain my faith in God and Jesus Christ; as well as my relationships with family and friends by remaining as one of jehovah's witnesses; yet on the other, I can't agree with some of watchtowers teachings and policies. For example, I celebrate my child's birthday with my born in JW wife (on the quiet of course) as believe this to be a matter of conscience. I buy a mothers day card for my wife as believe this to be harmless. If faced with a life threatening situation on blood, I will allow the medical professionals to do what they need to do to save my life, though blood be used as a very last resort. I prefer to simply call myself a Christian when at work as don't like sectarianising my faith. Christians are the name given to the brothers in the first century by divine providence, as written in the book of Acts.

As a current member, I often write anonymously to the GB in the hope they change some of their policies on matters such as their current shunning policy, child abuse policy, conscientious matters such as the blood issue, celebration of birthdays and so forth.

I believe the pen is mightier than the sword and hope that the GB budge their iron fisted finger on many of their man made rules and policies. I am by no means perfect, and am a sinner like everyone else, but can maintain my spirituality despite everything. I would rather stick with things for now than simply throw the baby out with the bathwater and leave. I wont allow men's rules to destroy my faith, or my relationships with family and friends. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

-

Its not the governing body you need to be writing to, its Jehovah who wrote the bible.

Maybe try writing a letter to Jehovah to see if he will change the bibles clear view on abstaining from blood.

Good luck with that LOL

PS, Most people dont know, but JWs always get the very best medical treatment. If medical staff know they absolutely can not transfuse blood, then they have to give the very best medical care from the start.

If they know you are flexible as you say in your post, then you will not get the same respect or high quality treatment. They will probably have a few bags of blood on standby and you will go down the list of priorities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit