Watchtower Information Service back online after being hacked

by Rado Vleugel 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

This afternoon I received an e-mail from my server provider that my site, http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org , was hacked. At this moment my site is back online. Tonight my site ‘ll be moved to a new more secure server.

I don’t know who hacked my site. Maybe it was a JW whiz kid who just likes to play theocratic warfare on the internet… but I have no proof for that.

Rado Vleugel

BTW

On this board you knew earlier than I did that my site was hacked!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    On this board you knew earlier than I did that my site was hacked!

Well if you want to know anything to do with jwism, this is the site to come to first.

Glad to see you are back up and running, though I think this episode, makes us all feel a tad nervous, especially Simon.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Rado,

Glad you're back up and runnin' ...

Best wishes, Dan

• shamus
    shamus

In my half-awake state, I thought that the Watchtower site was hacked... and was laughing.....

Glad that it's back on. I think it was the borg that did it! Let's blame them, even if they didn't do it. That's what apostates do!

• Simon
    Simon

Glad you're back online Rado.

Perhaps there are some logs you can use to trace who did it? Maybe just overzealous zealots ...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Sorry to 'hear' of your troubles, Rado. I'm glad you're back 'on air'. You run one of the best sites and a 'must read' for dubs/ex dubs IMHO.

BTW thanks for your regular newsletters.

Cheers, OzzieVisit Smiley Central!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm glad that hackers can't keep a good site down--and a more secure one is even better. If someone is trying to stop your site, it must be making waves. Keep up the good work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit