new JW Online Bible Study Lessons

by neat blue dog 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Has anybody seen the new online Bible study yet, just posted yesterday I believe? It's the first thing you see now when going to the home page. About it, it says:

The Online Bible Study Lessons on jw.org are free, have no obligation, and are easy to use. Learn at your own pace in the privacy of your own home. You won’t need to register or provide personal information.

However they haven't gone all digital yet. There's the disclaimer:

These lessons do not replace our personal Bible study program.

This digital "study" is not study at all. It has three brief units, and a lot of it is grade school level interactive visuals to keep you stimulated.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Cults. Targeting the uneducated since...well, who knows??

They target simpletons and those without access to information for recruitment, and wonder why someone like Stephen Lett can be a leader of men, and are puzzled when Eldubs perform abysmally when questioned by “Satan’s” governments.

You can’t make this shit up.

DD

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

No you can't.

At first I thought when it said interactive it was actual Witnesses on the other end answering questions. I asked that to an elder one day. I said, How about having a chat box to get questions answered. He said, No, they will never do that because apostates would be on there.

Ahh, those powerful apostates. Avoid at all costs.

• Listener
    Listener

The Mormons seem to handle it okay. They have young adults manning their phones and chat site.

• Perry
    Perry

They have always targeted the simpletons among us.

Proverbs 14:15

The simpleton believes every word he hears, but the prudent man looks and considers well where he is going.

• steve2
    steve2

Presumably this self-directed Bible study program comes complete with self-baptism in the family tub. The less you rub shoulders with actual JWs in the flesh, the better.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    The Mormons seem to handle it okay. They have young adults manning their phones and chat site.

I have family background with LDS as well, so I tried 'reverse witnessing' if you will a couple of times with Mormon missionaries online. They're very sensitive to that though. Similar to JWs they only stick to a script and stock answers and when I veered from that even subtly they quickly ended the conversation.

• Whynot
    Whynot

I saw that today when a JW FB friend posted a link. I thought, hmmm... how is this helpful to the organization?

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

The infantilising and dumbing down just gets worse and worse.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if they're going to get the publishers™ to use these, instead of printed propaganda?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit