Dubs drive me nuts sometimes

by Euphemism 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This dub--a good friend of mind, actually--is trying to convince me to go to the elders because I serve alcohol to underage adults (19- and 20-year-olds). *sigh* If only he knew...

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

Tell him that you are trying to simulate the "Bethel Experience."

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL, Spud! Actually, I did mention to him (when he claimed that I am the only one he knows who has such an attitude) that when I lived in NY, an elder gave me a drink when I was underage... in the Bethel apt of another elder, who had no problem with it! His conclusion is that my conscience was desensitized by unscriptural local custom.

Well, I guess he's right... we all know how unscriptural Bethel's customs are...

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well Euph, at an age of 102+ years

I think you should be able to do anything you damn well please. Are you one of the "Annointed" ?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL, b12!

No, brother, I have the earthly hope. I used to partake of the emblems, before 1935, but I always felt guilty... I did not feel that the heavenly hope was truly for me. What a wonderful provision from Jehovah, to finally receive true understanding about the "great crowd." I rejoice now in my hope, knowing that I am not being presumptuous in taking on to myself that which is only Jehovah's to give, but looking forward rather to the days when I am restored to the vigor of you. What a wonderful God we serve!

• Swan
    Swan

The don't grow grapes in heaven. There is no wine. Therefore the annointed need to take every opportunity to imbibe before they go... and they do.

Tammy

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

No alcohol in heaven?

Didn't Jesus say at the last supper he would not drink wine again until he drank it with his disciples in his kingdom?

The Government was quite happy to draft 18 year olds to get their heads blown of in Vietnam - if you are old enough to kill or be killed you are old enought to drink. Any argument on illegality is futile WTBTS did illegal things re child abuse and is not above asking people to perjure themselves.

RAVYN - When will you tell us about you being asked to lie in court over a certain Bethel suicide?

• Piph
    Piph

LOL everybody!

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Oh, you have to see this movie go and rent it. Its called "In the name of the Rose." Its just like the Elders and and the Dubs by and large.

• Prisca
    Prisca

In Australia the legal drinking age is 18, so tell him that you are not following "unscriptural local custom" but following an Australian custom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit