What Privileges do you get when you are baptized ?

by LOLS 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I think people have covered the ‘privileges’ quite well.

But there are downsides too.

I don’t know if you are aware, but the Jehovah’s Witnesses are obsessed about sex. Either who you should not be having sex with dash you’re okay in this respect as you’re married but anything else is wrong.

But you or he may be disappointed to find out that oral sex was banned for Jehovah’s Witnesses back in the 1960s, if my memory serves correctly. I don’t think it was ever allowed, per se, but they went out and explicitly (LOL) banned it, and then a few years later said it was none of the Elder’s business for a short while, before banning it again.

This opens up an interesting experiment. You know how they say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach?

Well maybe the way to get a man out of the cult is through something a little lower.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Being baptized also means you are in line for the privilege of enforcing the One Towel Rule in the bathrooms (washrooms) at assemblies.

Rub a Dub

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My only advice would be

Stand your ground.

Don't let him bully or emotionally blackmail you into doing anything up you don't want to or stop you doing things you enjoy doing.

Remember this is his cult, his obligation not yours.

He will try to guilt you into joining him in his delusion, so be prepared.

• steve2
    steve2

He may find that, following his baptism, his salary will either go up or down.

• James87
    James87

Good luck, i sadly feel this wont go well but the important thing is you are a strong person and have set boundaries. Without sounding mean, JW could be some of the strongest and weakest people at the same time. The lack of self worth, the devotion to a cult etc. You are in for a long rocky ride

• zeb
    zeb

Here in Australia, at a country kh with no air con the summer meetings for some bizarre (never stated) reason were held for a time in the afternoon. the Kh was like an oven.

I would go around and open windows for some change of air and i was told not too as this was brother so and so's ...privilege. To open windows? .

I was astounded at this and said 'Its my 'privilege' to breath.." This went over like a lead balloon.

Take in jw victims.org

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's all been mentioned already. Basically, a "brother" will be able to devote more of his own time and energy to doing the bidding of the Watcbhtower. He can volunteer for more petty assignments and start working toward kissing elders' asses so that they appoint him a ministerial servant later and give him even more petty assignments that require a man with that title to do, such as collecting money from the contribution box and being in charge of others when cleaning or organizing the recruiting work.

• cha ching
    cha ching

The biggest danger... "child custody".

If he ever views you as a spiritual danger to himself or his child, and lots of people are doing it these days, he just might divorce you and sue for child custody and the right to "freedom of religion" for his child.

JWs worry constantly worry about Armageddon, and who will survive... especially their children. Unless their kids are baptized, or if too young "on the way to pleasing Jehovah", they are worried, and will do anything to save them. Really.

Take care, beware.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I don’t know if this was already said but the privilege of being asked and expected to give money. Oh and don’t forget he’ll also be blessed for being a baptized JW part of gods true organization. His blessings will never be seen heard or in anyway experienced by him but mark my words he’ll be blessed.

• Ding
    Ding

Privileges = the opportunity to do more and more for the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit