When did Cook, the new GB member, start claiming to be anointed, and what are the implications?

by jwfacts 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Having met most of the GB in the 1990's and 2000's and knew John Barr quite well I am convinced GB 1.0 were "Captives to a Concept" in that they believed 100% what they were doing was "the truth" hence why they kept in the background.

Conversely...whilst I am out and "see" GB 2.0 I am fairly convinced the majority of these are NOT like the GB of old and most, the majority, know that there are fundamental issues with their doctrines about "the end" and know there will be no end in their life time.

Jackson, Morris, Sanderson, Lett etc are in this bracket in my opinion.

The GB 2.0 are fundamentally different to the GB 1.0 of old and with that comes the belief that they are doing what is right...I think most on the GB 2.0 know some of it is bull.

So it will only be expected to see the same type of people appointed to the GB...either through copying the GB 2.0 or by being persuaded by the GB 2.0 that they qualify.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I think Freddie Franz got the idea from the wheat and weeds parable, "let them [both the wheat and the weeds] grow together until the harvest," Matt. 13:30. Apparently FF saw this as overlapping presences of anointed ones on the earth from Pentecost until the harvest, or modern times. I guess Splane just jumped on the notion and applied it to the generation of Matt. 24:34 when the old view of that verse was obviously no longer tenable.

Neither of those two bozos got the idea, especially David "piano grade 5" Splane. It took someone who both finished their education, and probably advises them on what business model to use, to do that!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlapping_generations_model

• compound complex
    compound complex

. . . your class was rejected and left in limbo. Knorr and Franz continually hammered home: 'There are NO new remnant! The door was closed in 1935 and there are only a few replacements here and there!' -- sparky1

Thanks for what you wrote, sparky; while I never quite thought of any subset classification of anointed, what I hightlighted above (in bold) makes sense. What a difference four decades can make!

Since all of this is fantasy, does it really need to make any sense?!?!?!?

With gratitude.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The door was closed in 1935 and there are only a few replacements here and there!

Of course that was pre overlapping generation days. he he

For this organization to survive it has to live off its own created bullshit any takers ?

• flipper
    flipper

When did Cook , the new GB member, start claiming to be anointed ?

Answer : When he started beforehand having aspirations and the goal to have more power and say in becoming a future GB member.

And what are the implications ?

Answer : Just that he's bat shit crazy like the rest of the GB members wanting to consolidate power and control over believing JW's thinking ( mistakenly ) that he and the rest of the GB are appointed by " Christ "

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

any sociopath can claim to be a member of the anointed , it means jack shit, I took the emblems once, am I a member of the 144k?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jesus said ...... " Overlapping of the Overlapping " , so he should be OK

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The JW higher-ups such as Cook have lived in the insular JW world for decades; it's their only world, and they aspire to rise to the top.

If living as a JW is an "insular JW world", imagine what it is like living decades at Bethel! Yes they are "insulated" from "the World", but even more so they are insulated from reality. They really believe that Almighty God is whispering in the ears of those 7 or 8 men up there. They idolize their G.O.D.(s). And they must meditate and consider that God (or GODs) has/have chosen them to rise through the ranks of the laundry room or factory to higher positions and even eventually to the Service Dept or the Writing Dept, etc. Yes, God/GOD has "noticed" their loyalty and dedication just as he noticed David or Samuel, or Jesus chose Paul.

Spend hours and weeks and months and years dwelling on your special relationship with God/GOD and you could easily feel "special" enough to feel "chosen". (It also helps if you're a little manic.) Especially, if you have "all the answers" when your peers are lacking. I little favoritism (campaigning) from one of your buddy GB members and suddenly everyone is looking to you and once you have that attention, the entire Bethel family is kissing your ring ass too. All of a sudden, YOU ARE IMPOTENT! (Pun intended)

As in all things, it's not just who you know, it's who you "blow". You can be sure that Cook has had his nose up someone's (one of the G.O.D.'s) ass for a long time to finally get this recommendation.

The difference between a brown-nose and a shit-head is depth perception.

• Perry
    Perry

Hopefully, they will see the error of their ways and just let everyone become anointed one day.

• flipper
    flipper

DESIROUS- " The difference between a brown-nose and a shit-head is depth perception"

Gotta love it . I have to remember that one !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit