Is the Koran an Inspired Book?

by Happythoughts 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

Myx,

Why don't you read the Quran first, then talk to a Muslim and then decide? I have.

luvyaback,

Robyn

holy crap that was a fast reply. As to this. Unfortunately, there is not many Moslems (read 0) that I've had the pleasure of running into in person. Though, just recently I've gotten the chance to read on this other MB where I debate knucklehead Jehovah's Witnesses (one who was tracked down, turned in, and lectured in a JC for her internet involvement, one who I just quit talking to after calling him swine, and another who's been one all his life, and simply just won't be moved) but ANYWAYS, there were three who just appeared out of the blue and were quite fiesty, learnt alot from there posts. As to reading the Qu'ran to decide if it is inspired? Trust me, I've learned not to take just the negative side of things.... Though, I don't think in all things one must necessarily read the source to reckon if it is inspired or not. For a good example the Book of Mormon, um, JS was a nutter, he wrote in 16th century english when he was a 19th century american, and everything I know of it, I know is nonsense (no archaeological evidence for the Nephite civilation, the bogus translation of the Egyptian papyrus, etc). Anyways, I don't think I need to go to a kingdom hall and meet practicing Witnesses and read their WT and AWAKE! to know that it's false. And yes, that is from reading "negative" material (aka direct historical quotes). I think sometimes you know when you see the affect it has on peoples lives, like how the Muslim women are oppressed so often times in Moslem countries. Or how the JW parents of an eight year old refused to take her back stating that "she wasn't the same child" after a life saving blood transfusion. Both together kinda seal the punch.

I like to think sort of in philosophical terms about things, it's not the three sound legs that lames the ass, but the broken one, an all that.

btw, how the hell does one get those nifty smilies on this blivvin MB? I can't seem to find them! Oh, and, I would love it if you'd go visit my JW friend on the MB where I'm having a hell of a time talking to him, just to scare him. Just post your experience would be awesome! haha that'd so freak him out. When I first started talking to him, he had to make sure I wasn't a "disgruntled ex" donchaknow in order to protect his spiritual wellbeing (blindness)

Anyways, sorry, I do go on a bit don't I? I don't post as much as I'd like to, cos I don't have time, but mostly because I feel it is more a board for exes to get together, and I'm a bit out of place in that.

• Robdar
    Robdar

like how the Muslim women are oppressed so often times in Moslem countries.

True. And, because of that, I avoided the Muslims like the plague only to find out, after I met a few, that they are nice people. The oppression of women (the dress, veil, etc) is a cultural thing. There are many practicing Muslims, particularly in western countries, who do not go in for that nonsense. During prayer, the female and the male Muslims that I have worshiped with wore head coverings.

People forget that there are moderate Muslims as well as the fundies who interpret everything the prophet said in a literal sense. Same as Christians.

I feel it is more a board for exes to get together, and I'm a bit out of place in that.

All are welcome. What's your background?

R

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

Guten abend,

True. And, because of that, I avoided the Muslims like the plague only to find out, after I met a few, that they are nice people. The oppression of women (the dress, veil, etc) is a cultural thing. There are many practicing Muslims, particularly in western countries, who do not go in for that nonsense. During prayer, the female and the male Muslims that I have worshiped with wore head coverings.

People forget that there are moderate Muslims as well as the fundies who interpret everything the prophet said in a literal sense. Same as Christians.

Myx: ok

I feel it is more a board for exes to get together, and I'm a bit out of place in that.

All are welcome. What's your background?

Myx: background? erm. I'm only nineteen, female if you didn't know,,,, there's not much of one. Was raised Christian, like never went to church though we lived 20 feet from one. Really really boring...that's pretty much it. I've been studying religion basically egged on by looking up JW's 11 mos. ago on the internet. pretty fascinating. sorry,,,told you it was boring. and what about those smilie faces, Robyn? where do I get em???

luv

Myxomatosis

• Robdar
    Robdar

Myx,

When you post, there should be a yellow smilie face on the top row. Click on it. The emoticons will pop up. Click on the one you want and it will appear.

R

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

shit. nothing.

looks like I'm stuck with this plain format *pouts*

thanks though,

Myxomatosis

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Happythoughts,

Glad to know you're only seeking truth. I thought for a moment that you just wanted to play the "My Sky-Daddy Can Beat Up Your Sky-Daddy" game. I stand corrected.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I agree wit metatron on this one. Sure it's inspired, as is most writing. The big Q is by what?

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

LOL! Inspired! I would be a million times more willing to believe in the Book of the Mormon.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Judgment is what he does when he is left with no other choices

Apparently, he will feel he has "no other choice" when he elects to slaughter 6 billion people, including children and babies, during Armegeddon.

Please tell me how someone supposedly "omnipotent" and "omniscient" can ever feel he has "no other choice"

And welcome.

• ignorance is strength

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit