In Your Opinion: Who Was The Greatest Person That Ever Lived?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

He touches my life every day. I drive over his still standing bridges, travel on his Great Western Railway, see his Great Britain screw-driven steamship most weeks.

Clever guy that Isambard.

Englishman.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Dansk, even the Jews believe he existed. If JC didn't exist what makes you believe Buddah did?

Min, The Jews per se don't believe Jesus existed (come visit me and I'll take you round one of the biggest Jewish areas in England to prove it) - and there's no proof he existed outside of the Bible (Josephus' reference is considered a fraud). For a guy to have walked the earth and perform the miracles he did and there be no contemporary historical writings of such events extant I'd say that's pretty good proof for the story to be nothing more. I believe Buddha existed, not just because of the writings recorded centuries before Jesus supposedly walked the planet, but also because Siddhartha Gautama was nothing other than a man. 'Buddha' merely means 'enlightened'. I don't believe a lot of the stories associated with the Buddha and were he here today he'd tell you himself they are junk. I respect him also for advising us not to believe a word of which he said but to search for truth ourselves. In other words, no-one can "save" ourselves but ourselves. Dansk

• minimus
    minimus

I have a number of Jewish friends. The majority that I know say they think he was no Messiah but just a man. The Boston Jews vs. the English Jews.

• bebu
    bebu

Jesus Christ.

I would also put him in the category for "lives now " and "will ever live".

bebu

(Min, do you have a Boston accent? I never noticed it before... )

• minimus
    minimus

yeh, I do. Pakh tha caah.

• frenchbabyface

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit