by Happythoughts 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts

How do I find a congregation?

• SanFranciscoJim
  • iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

WELCOME HAPPYTHOUGHTS!!!

You have found a congregation of spiritually enlightened people right here! Why go to meetings a mere 5 times a week, when you can receive knowledge and understanding right here, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! And we can show you much more about the Watchtower Society than most JW's can!

Walter
    Ontario District Overbeer

• Valis
    Valis

First, put your blinders on...it helps to get the miopic outlook on life established quickly. Then look in your local phone book. Find the address, wait till Sunday morning...Then throw on your best polyester and head to the hall. Get ready for the kicker though....You have to sit through a couple hours of whacked out christianity...this may cause self induced vomiting, (bring a paper bag), paranoia (Jehover is watching you!), fear and guilt, (find a therapist the next day), and above all piles of BS (wear boots or waders if available). Oh and BTW, welcome to the board!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts

Are they really all that bad?? In my experience every church I have been to is terrible I want to continue to learn about God but I have not found that one true religion. I like the fact that the JW's don't believe or teach the burning in hell bs.

• Valis
    Valis

You would do yourself a big favor and maybe try the Unitarians. They accept everyone, even people of different religions. I would urge you to look at some of the personal experiences here and see for yourself. JWs may not believe in hell, but they have a much worse fate in mind for the people on earth who are not buying into the Witness brand of christianity. Honestly, do you think that there will be some big Armageddon and only Jehovahs Witnesses will survive, while the rest of the world perishes, yet they get to live forever? Stick around and read the heart break....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

and you may also be interested in researching the history of the consistency (or rather lack thereof) of the JW teachings. please please please find out everything you can about them before you even think of becoming involved with the witnesses.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Are they really all that bad?? In my experience every church I have been to is terrible

Even though the JWs tell you they're different, they aren't

I want to continue to learn about God but I have not found that one true religion. I like the fact that the JW's don't believe or teach the burning in hell bs.

In my opinion, there is no "one true religion", just like there's no "one perfect woman". You have 2 choices, either you settle for a religion, or you choose to avoid religion and worship in your own way.

The JWs may not teach of hell, but they teach a lot of other things that are very hurtful. For example, all your non-JW relatives are going to die at armageddon, and if you're not doing your share of book selling and meeting attendance, you'll die at armageddon too. Also, they'll find some reason to kick you out of their little clan and never speak to you again unless you cry in front of an elder and tell him that you've repented. Then you're shunned some more until the elders say you've been "forgiven"

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

HAPPY THOUGHT>>>

Phone Books...Internet...or just hang out around here....WELCOME>

• Happythoughts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit