ATTENTION WTS: We know exactly how to bring you down!

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Haha, made you look!
    *sticks out tongue*

But seriously, we're working on it. Be AFRAID Watchtower!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Take away the charitable status of any religion that does not contribute to the public good in tangible ways. Preaching work would not qualify.

If the Borg had to pay taxes, they would fall pretty damn quickly or at least start doing some good in the community. Either way it would result in a good thing.

Uzzah

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

How about some local laws about needing a permit (that costs MONEY) in order to go from door to door? I know some places have that, but if it was nationwide that would slow 'em down a little.

What am I talking about? I've lived in my neighborhood for two years and have seen witnessing done only once! I guess the preaching work isn't as thorough as it used to be . . . . I remember when the C.O. would hop up and down and scream if the territories weren't completely covered each year, and he'd send in reinforcements to help accomplish that.

Actually, I think the WTS is doing an excellent job of bringing itself down.

Nina

• Special K
    Special K

Ha Ha .. made you look ????

HMM? HMMM?. HMMM???

What do I think about this topic?

WELL.

I have an 8year old son who does that. It seems quite funny when he does it. At least, it seems really funny to him.

So, either Nosferatu has stepped into his innerchild mode for just a moment.

or.. quantities of alchohol could be involved..

Maybe stoned?

Oh, WHATEVER.. see.. by my post (we do try to over analyze a bit)

Maybe it was just for fun!! FUN!! FUN!!

hehe

Special k

• sens
    sens

lol...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    So, either Nosferatu has stepped into his innerchild mode for just a moment.
    or.. quantities of alchohol could be involved..

Actually, I just felt like making the Watchtower Lurkers waste their time, and sticking my tongue out at them. They can't get me by the balls because I was never baptized. DO YOU READ THAT WATCHTOWER? I didn't fall for your Paradise Erf bribe.

Sorry Watchtower, I'll help you out a bit. If you want to fix your shitstain doctrine, tell the Rank and File we're living in the days of armageddon.

• mustang
    mustang

"How about some local laws about needing a permit (that costs MONEY) in order to go from door to door? I know some places have that, but if it was nationwide that would slow 'em down a little."

Cruz,

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this is a waste of time.

I'M NOT "STUMPING" OR APOLOGIZING FOR WTS, but fact of life: it's been fought in Court & won by WTS over 40 years ago. There are HUNDRED's of towns, little bergs or cities out there with "ordnance's" that say exactly this.

But, look close and THEY ARE ILLEGAL!!! The interpretation of Constitutional Law allows the preaching. The WTS wrote a book called "Defending and Legally Establishing the Good News" (if memory does not fail me) detailing how to "fight" this legal battle.

I personally was "picked up" several times by the local police in the late 50's & early 60's over these ordnance's. I was released every time (once with a "traveling JW rep"!!!). One of these events was going to go to a showdown fight and court case, but the WTS lAWYER's convinced the City Attorney that it would be a problem.

Usually the ordnance's are neither enforced, nor taken off the books. They just sit there.

If you were to go with this venue, you will need some massive Constitutional Law work, lots of money and a reversal of 40+ years of more than one U.S. Supreme Court decision.

Mustang

• rocketman
    rocketman

I doubt anything will bring them down anytime soon. My guess is just that the passing of time will continue to show them up for what they are and how wrong their guesses have been, costing them credibility within their own rank and file, leading to not so much a mass exodus than a gradual decline in new recruits to replace the older.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Start a do not call registry. They have a right to preach, We have a right to say No.

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez
    I didn't fall for your Paradise Erf bribe.

ROFLMAO You guys are killin' me. THanks, I needed that.

back at ya, Nosferatu!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit