Governing Body trying to control marital relationships

by Whynot 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Whynot
    Whynot

4 years ago during the circuit overseers visit he asked a rather innapropriate question from the platform. I say it's innapropriate because I think it's wrong to tell happy married couples how to love each other and much more wrong it is to telL them they shouLd love their children less.

He said: "Mothers, who should you love more your children or your husband?" I think most mothers will quickly say you should love your children more. Well, when he got the answer he wasn't looking for he said "incorrect! You shouLd love your husband more because after your kids are gone you still have your husband. Your priority is to be a wife first."

This didn't go over so well with the mothers in the congregation. Especially the divorced ones who escaped an abusive relationship. Even the husbands made comments about how wrong that was.

Since then, I have noticed the Watchtower make subtle comments in the study articles about marriage and how a spouse's priority should be their duty as a spose and their children come later.

This really, really bothered me. I understand wantIng to protect your marriage, but putting your children as less important? Ugh! How can anyone publish such non-sense. As a mother and a wife it really just comes natural to want to spend time with your husband without neglecting your kids. Why even try to make it a rule?! Why?!

What about the women who are in abusIve relationships and they hear crap like this from the GB?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    WN - I think it's wrong to tell happy married couples how to love each other

I agree but the WBT$ 'company men' like to micromanage and bully the rank and file in their sadistic lust for power.

He said: "Mothers, who should you love more your children or your husband?"

If you don't mind me saying, this is a bloody stupid question from a bloody stupid moron.

The love for children and the love for spouses are different dynamics. The best I can think of at the moment is that it's a false equivocation.

This didn't go over so well with the mothers in the congregation.

Because he's a gormless tit. The WBT$ is hateful. The hate from the Governing body filters down through the propaganda and company men to the rank and file.

We all know that the Governing body are experts in enabling the abuse of women and especially children.

May the crabs of a billion gorillas goolies infest the trousers of the Governing body and infect them with something horrid!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The WT has no special love for children.

If they did, they long ago would have told victims of child sexual abuse and their parents to go straight to the police.

They don't; in this case they care more about their reputation (Tony Morris, how is that working out?) than children.

Children of course, can grow up and leave the 'truth', so WT is at most ambivalent to them.

In their mind, best to focus on the ones who are grown up and haven't had the good sense to leave.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Too often I've seen and heard of cases where the mother's love for her spouse exceeded her children to the extent of standing by him as he physically abused them. These children did not grow up to be very happy. Not only did they not respect their mother's decision, but they also held her equally accountable for their physical and emotional scars.

• TD
    TD

This didn't go over so well with the mothers in the congregation.

I imagine not, but that is what a "wordly" marriage counselor would tell you.

To be fair though, they wouldn't offer this advice unless it was needed and even then, they would probably use the word, "priority" rather than, "love."

• careful
    careful

Sounds like a typical stupid CO saying some typically stupid rogue thing. There is no shortage of that in the org! There was a fairly recent post here (can't find it now) relating how some CO who was the pioneer school instructor disagreed with the org on fallopian/ectopic abortions. The experience is related here:

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/topic/57532-ectopic-pregnancy/

As for any "subtle comments in the study articles about marriage and how a spouse's priority should be their duty as a spouse and their children come later," if that is true, then might the fact that so few born-ins stay be factor here?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

No question that the WTS tries to control marital relationships. In other news, water is wet.

Attend 1 JW wedding and listen to how the wife MUST obey the husband, but NOTHING about how the husband MUST give his life for his wife. It's in the same chapter yet it is not read aloud.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The GB dont live in the real world. Not only are they narcissists, they're likely also mentally ill - what they say and their opinions do not matter.

I sincerely hope that anyone im married to loves our kids more than me. You can fall out of love with a spouse/partner but our love for our kids is eternal, unconditional and undying.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They think they have the power of god , what do you expect ?

• sir82
    sir82

How bizarre - why do you have to love anyone in your family "more"?

Example number 14,756 of how the WTS really just despises kids, except for when they are acting as "little adults".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit