Why Did Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009?

by JW_Researcher 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Why Did Obama win the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009?" - JW_Researcher

Perhaps if you consult with the source you will find your answer.

www.nobelprize.org/prizes/peace/2009/press-release/

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Never mind his being a mulatto. This thing was a communist. And I do not care what color they are. Communists do not belong in the white house, or for that matter any other kingdom as ruler.

Not to mention, why was he not upfront with his birth certificate? Were he born in Kenya, he would already need to be impeached because he was not eligible (you have to be born in USA to be eligible, and that includes Hawaii. Last I knew, Kenya is not one of the states or territories in this country.) In addition, he would need jail time for lying about it under oath. Last I checked, that would be perjury.

Anyone who wants this country to become a communist country can feel free to vote Bloomberg, Sanders, or Warren for president. I can assure you that any one of those will finish the job. And anyone that thinks being a specific race (black, white, Asian, etc.) is a criteria for president is hereby challenged to find where in the Constitution does it say that one needs to be a certain race to be eligible. I think it is more important to not have someone that is a communist--and, if they say that anyone that votes for a specific candidate, or fails to vote a specific candidate, is racist, they need to move out of this country. Trump, like it or not, was duly elected and was constitutionally eligible. And no, he is far from ideal. But he is doing a better job than any of the alternatives.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Our replies mirror what I found EVERYWHERE else. What a decidedly un-peaceful decision to award the NPP to Obama. I guess they wanted to be provocative?

It seems to be the opinion of most that Obama received the NPP for what he "represented," ideologically, racially, whatever... rather than for something he had done. Basically for his campaign involving "hope and change."

sparky1: Perhaps if you consult with the source you will find your answer.

This was one of the first places I looked and that led to the question as this is simply BS. Utter, complete, car-salesperson-level, BS.

I guess Obama was, we all seem to agree, awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for being, as Joe Biden observed, 'articulate.'

" <snip> ... awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama’s initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world’s population."

• Simon
    Simon
    As America weakens so does Canada.

We have Trudeau, we don't need any outside help driving the country into a ditch.

If it wasn't for Trump, I think Canada would be in an even bigger mess. We definitely benefit from a strong US economy.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Biden also said, and I quote ""I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy".

You see, Obama is articulate and clean. Definite Nobel Peace Prize with those qualifications.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves

Skin color.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Skin color.

caves ...

But you miss the point. Obama is clean. He is clean.

Rub a Dub

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Jimmy Carter: "I was the worst President in US history!"

Barack Hussein Obama: "Hold my forty, you cracker peanut farmer!"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree with George Carlin.....

Image result for carlin it's a big club and you ain't in it

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

IMO, because he accomplished what many (most?) thought was impossible, for a black man to be elected president of the United States.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit