My impressions of the cart witnessing

by Sour Grapes 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

In my part of the world, they set up the literature cart under a tree, along a fairly deserted cycling track near a river.

Literally very few people walk past!

It is THE most pathetic thing to observe, as two jws sit in fold up chairs in a lonely spot in the middle of nowhere, with just a few ducks to look at and talk to....

Still it's better than the spot they used to use: two middle aged brothers in large overcoats would sit near the netball courts while teenage girls in short skirts ran around playing sport! Now THAT looked really creepy!

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5167417279905792/cart-work-picture-speaks-itself

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Drearyweather: From what I see in the photo, the old guy is putting away a bottle of water back on the cart holder after a sip. Could have been my old mom doing the same. I don't think he should be called pathetic for that.

You're right. I wasn't calling him pathetic for drinking water. It's the whole context that makes it thus.

Check out this other picture I took a few moments later, and you'll see that this poor, pathetic guy was sitting with the same body language for the few minutes my wife and I observed him.

There's a lot that you can't get from the picture alone. You can't smell the smoke from the cigarettes that choke the already stale subway air, or the stench of urine from the homeless people that hang out there at night, or the reek of the sweaty bodies of the thousands of busy commuters noisily walking quickly by on a hot and muggy Budapest afternoonignoring him as if he were part of the furniture.

And there he sits: alone, staring at the floor or the back of the JW literature cart, counting time, ignored by endless waves of humanity that pass him by as he sits in front of a poster advertising a rock band with the ironic name of "Queen" and another for a rock version of an opera commercializing Jesus Christ as a "Szupersztar."

No one stops to talk to him or take his literature. My wife and I were the only ones that even seemed to notice him (for obvious reasons). Everyone is too occupied with their own mundane concerns to give him the time of day. They are busy trying to get home—exhausted from their day at work—or going to meet friends or family or wherever they are off to. Wherever it is they are coming from or going to, once thing is certain: they do not care about him or his irrelevant little cult or its irrelevant little message.

That's why I said he is pathetic. The whole thing is pathetic. Very pathetic. Very.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. jp s pic...

...Well, gosh, he just looks happier than a pig in a shitpile, doesn't he?

• steve2
    steve2

It's a tough life manning a small literature stand that fights for attention with very loud background posters. I wonder if, in his younger years, this deflated male ever thought this is how his life would end up?

• freddo
    freddo

Reminds me of THE FOOL ON THE HILL by the Beatles.

Day after day, alone on a hill
    The man with the foolish grin is sitting perfectly still
    Nobody wants to know him
    They can see that he's just a fool
    But he never gives an answer

But the fool on the hill
    Sees the sun going down
    And the eyes in his head
    See the world spinning round

His head in a cloud
    The man with a foolish grin is talking perfectly loud
    But nobody wants to hear him

But the fool on the hill
    Sees the sun going down
    And the eyes in his head

But nobody wants to know him

But the fool on the hill
    Sees the sun going down
    And the eyes in his head

But the fool on the hill
    Sees the sun going down
    And the eyes in his head
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu

This foto is from the town Dresden in Germany 2 weeks ago.

no comment - the picture speaks for itself.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

^^^^^ a pointless waste of everyone concerned's energy and time

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Another one from an spanish island:

Or this "brother", telephoning by mobile phone:

Another one - 4 JWs doing the lifesaving and urgent preaching work:

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Another one from Venice in Italy:

This year in Palma de Mallorca:

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Its a win win situation the drones get easy hours in and the watchtower doesnt have to worry that they are giving out to many books and magazines thus saving the watchtower money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit