7 Jehovah’s Witnesses Brutally Tortured in Russia

by Drearyweather 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• galaxie
    galaxie

If the Russian government stoop to such drastic measures against those who oppose their laws,the governing body of jws should assist them to a place of safety. The caesars things to caesar unless it conflicts with gods law comes into play here. The jws will always try to meet and worship and I'm sure.. preach (with the view to convert) others who in doing so will by default be encouraging them to follow god rather than caesar, in this case the Russian govt. The question for me is.. Will the gb do nothing but glory in the knowledge that their Russian fellows are standing against caesar (Satan) and look on the torture and persecution as a price to pay for loyalty. Torture should be condemned absolutely!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I wonder if this ramped up persecution has anything to do with word getting back to them that the organization declaring Russia being the king of the North?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That's horrendous, no one deserves that. Jesus Christ.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wow, so the "Great Tribulation" has begun, even if only in Russia, but just as the WTB&TS foretold in the mid-twentieth century. Let us REJOICE with the True Servants of The Governing Body and their sock-puppet Universal Sovereign, Yah-ho-way-wa!

But seriously folks... these people (the Russian JWs) are solely responsible for the treatment they are getting. They have made a choice to set themselves against a harsh totalitarian government; they should have known what was "in the cards" for them. They got what they bargained for.

If a person does STUPID things, there will be BAD CONSEQUENCES.

Jesus wept.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

I really don't care. I don't think the JWs are dangerous like Muslims or Islam that does take up arms and bomb, kill ect. To me torture is on the table for them. And I view JWs as harmless in the sense they are not going to take up arms to over throw a gov. or anything else. But its like going to Malaysia and getting caught with cocaine and then crying you got the death penalty. Sorry you knew what you were doing. I have zero fucks to give for the JWs.

• waton
    waton

Word from the bible:" If they persecute you in one place, go to another". It might not be easy for a settled jws to pull up stakes and leave their assigned territory, but mankind is on the move, jobs and places are begging for Russians in Europe.

Very tragic for the victims, caught in these irrational pointless power struggles.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Proof that Satan controlling the world is nonsense. This will galvanize the witnesses. Whereas if Satan just let things be, then apathy would set in.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I wouldn't put it past the WT to have a magazine with the poor JW's faces on it, touting them as good examples like they did with the poor children who died without a blood transfusion. They will capitalize on the situation somehow.

• Della Street
    Della Street

I agree with the ban, not the torture. There is no reason for that and it isn't effective. They would be better off spending time developing moles.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I can't really give 2 farts what happens to JWs in Russia. They expect horrible persecution & torture when the end comes. I'm sure many will compromise their faith in Jehovah's earthly organization and turn in their fellow JWs under torture. I don't think will see a repeat of what happened in Germany during WW2 but just as the Bible says:

"Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities,a for there is no authority except by God;b the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.c 2 Therefore, whoever opposes* the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves. 3 For those rulers are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad.d Do you want to be free of fear of the authority? Keep doing good,e and you will have praise from it; 4 for it is God’s minister*"

These verse don't seem to support the idea that Satan is ruler of these governments. And I must admit bespeaks a gross naivety in a governmental authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit