Scriptures rarely mentioned

by dothemath 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dothemath
    dothemath

A couple of examples of scriptures hardly ever quoted is 1 Tim. 2:12- "I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence"

or verse 11- "Let a woman learn in silence with full submissiveness."

Paul didn't know everything though, because he talked about the good news already being preached "in all creation that is under heaven". (Didn't know about North and South America, etc. I guess)- Colossians 1:23

Was wondering if any of you fine people had other examples to share?

• baker
    baker

27Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 28Thomas replied,“My Lord and my God!”

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

This one you will never hear. Ezekiel 23;20 She lusted after her lovers whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

• baker
    baker

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 New International Version

• schnell
    schnell

They like to reference Jude sometimes, which references the Book of Enoch.

Edit: It occurs to me that they don't often reference that passage though. So here it is, Jude 1:14-15:

14Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

Edit 2: To compare, here is 1 Enoch 2:1.

1Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him.

It strikes me now that they equate Jesus with Michael and call him the only archangel, completely ignoring the other 6 mentioned in the Book of Enoch. It's not as if they aren't aware of the contents of Enoch, so it's clear that they are being selective.

• dothemath
    dothemath

Lev 19:27 ".....you must not destroy the extremity of your beard"

Maybe this could be quoted again sometime now?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ James Mixon: Thanks for highlighting Ezekiel 23:20.

Once again, the WTBTS changes the meaning of a Hebrew/Greek word to suit their agenda. (whatever that is!)

(Ezekiel 23:20) "....whose male members are like those of a donkey and whose genitals are like those of a horse." (RNWT)

The Hebrew word is זִרְמָה and is transliterated zirmah - meaning, "issue of seminal discharge" - not 'genitals.'

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

1 Cor 1:2

• btlc
    btlc

Galatians, chapters 1 & 2, completely makes null and void WT fairy tales about GB of the 1st century who was supposed to control all activities, to introduce "a new lights", to appoint apostles, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit