What is your status (as of today) as a Jehovah's Witness?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    1. Active believer...still attend meetings, go out in field service, believe it's ''the truth''
    2. Active non-believer... Go to meetings and field service to please family... living a double life
    3. Inactive believer...Don't attend meetings but believe it's the truth, one day might go back to Kingdom Hall
    4. Inactive non-believer... Stopped attending all meetings, don't believe it's the truth, Bible is fiction Me: Stopped attending nine years ago, no longer believe the Bible stories are real, have no desire to attend any other Church
  • Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Myself 4. stopped going 20 years ago

• a watcher
    a watcher

3. Waiting for the lockdowns to end so I can go back to the KH and back out in the door to door work. I hate Zoom. It reminds me too much of televangelism.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

Is there a 5? Stopped attending all meetings, don't believe it's the truth, bible is fiction, and will never step foot in a kingdom hell ever again.

• cachito
    cachito

Myself 4. stopped going 26 years ago

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

No4 fading during 2019 , since lockdown never done a zoom meeting ,fully finished with the cult, have attended a few family JW funeral services at a crematorium in the last year.still on speaking terms with my JW brother who's a elder, and reconnected with my other brother who I shunned for 20 year's .

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I am in category number 4.

I want a very high percentage of human society, especially in my country, to voluntarily become nonreligious and to not believe in the supernatural (nor any superstitions) at all, but with people living by some version of the golden rule. I think about how Christianity/Christendom held back scientific, technological, and social progress for about 1,000 years and I imagine what human society would now be if Christianity had never existed. See https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/15567 .

• oppostate
    oppostate

I have been DF'ed for Apostasy and proud of it!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

4. Bible is mostly fiction. Bible has some value. I find more truth in eastern philosophy.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m number 4, moved to a city about 30 miles away, suddenly stopped attending, never set foot in a KH again, except for grandmas funeral, and my dads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit