Why There Will Never Be A Perfect World.

by Englishman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    Do you need to see the sadness of a childless woman in order to really appreciate the joy of a new baby?

personally, seeing the sadness of a woman with a new baby helped me to appreciate the joy of childlessness ;)

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

Geesh Enlishman burst my bubble *laugh* But your right everything is connected, one thing can't change with out effecting everything else. It's just the way it is.

• teejay
    teejay

Reminds me of old Brother Smith.

One time long time ago, he and I were working together in service and the house holder used this same lame argument against the New Order -- said that he couldn't see how it could happen where every single day was a good day.

"To enjoy life, you gotta have some pain every once in a while."

"Like what," Brother Smith asked. "A broken leg?"

"No... wouldn't want a broken leg."

"Well, what about a car wreck? Would-ja like to have a car wreck every once in a while to enjoy your good health the rest of the time?"

"No, I wouldn't want that."

"How about a headache," Brother Smith asked, feigning confusion.

"No. Don't care much for headaches, either," the man said thoughtfully.

"Well Man, what kind of bad do you enjoy then?"

"Oh, I don't know," the man said, getting exasperated. "Just a little bad, that's all."

tj ~ who grins even now at the memory

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Perhaps this type of thinking is in part because people hear the scientific term "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction", and then start applying it quite unscientifically.

This is happening in this very thread.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I disagree with you Englishman. A child doesn't have to have experienced been sick or sad to enjoy the happiness that laughter brings. We all have the ability to make our little corner of the world a little bit better. Everytime we do it, the universe is a better place.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    A child doesn't have to have experienced been sick or sad to enjoy the happiness that laughter brings

Well, children generally laugh more than adults. They also cry more too.

Englishman.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

It seems like a lot of people are being quite condemning of eman's post. Personally, eman, I think it is a valid point. How would those who have disagreed with you feel that they were right unless they had a dissenting opinion in order to be able to express their conflicting opinions?

It's all theory, speculation and ALL RELATIVE.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Unfortunately Eman, you and the majority of xtians miss the fact that the world is alread perfect. It's your definition perfection that sucks.

caveman

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

carmel,

This is a little belated, but you must still be a Christian. Apparently all Christians must like to condemn, like the JW's.......... lol. You are condemning eman for his comment, which I perceived as being exactly what you said. The world is perfect already... OK great.... that's simply your way of expressing your OPINION on a theoretical question. There is no absolute, but you certainly seem to have a tendency to insult people who express their theories differently than you.

Now say 10 Hail Mary's and apologize to eman and I'll talk to God about still letting you go to heaven.... lmao Sorry for the sarcasm, but I love how religious people are so ABSOLUTE.

Brad

(wondering if he should hit the submit post button for fear of being struck dead by GOD........ or carmel.... LOL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit