Pick one.....The lesser of two evils.

by Adam 30 Replies latest jw friends

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i grew up with a couple of mormon friends, and they were just as evil and corrupted as the worldly kids ;) Mormon for me, please! =)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'm glad I am who I am, and I don't think that mormonism would have demanded that I break free or die...

I'm glad for my freedom...

CZAR

• happyout
    happyout

If I was forced to be one or the other, I'd pick Mormon. At least, to the extent that I know a few they are never required to shun family members (or so they tell me).

Happyout

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Mormons by a long shot.

They don't coerce their members into not taking blood do they?

Merc'

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Mormon.

You can have friends of other religions; you can go to college, have a career, and be involved in politics; you live in communities where there are actually a lot of other young people of your faith to hang out with; and if you leave, your family members won't shun you.

In fact, the only disadvantage I can see of Mormons over JWs is the prohibition of alcohol and coffee. But from what I've heard speaking to ex-Mormons around here, those are very often disregarded in the privacy of one's home.

• Simon
    Simon

I'd be Moron, erm ... I mean Mormon. They do still have that "wife for every day of the week" thing going don't they?

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Mormon for two reasons (well, three):

1) The Mormon girls in my hometown were hot. I didn't know how many hot JW girls there were till I came to this board).

2) The Mormons can make money with no shame.

3) They can go to college.

• shamus
    shamus

Mormon. At least.... well, what is the bright side of that?

• Adam
    Adam

Okay, it looks like the Mormons have it hands down. How 'bout this one:

Born a JW or born a tomoao-throwing Amish?

I'd have to pick JW on this one. It's a lot harder to get out of being Amish I immagine.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

One wonders what the responses to this thread might look like if the same question was asked on an ex-LDS board. My thought was that Mormon would be better, too, like most of you thought. But I wonder if that's just a case of the "grass is greener" syndrome?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit