Flip Flops to Nowhere

by Lostandfound 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

How long until WT has flip flopped its way back to anything of the faith many of us knew? Who are the now dead ones giving evidence of their non captivity to Babylon etc? I would not recognise what goes on in a KH now and I was in since 60s when we had firm beliefs, now being eroded little by little. Biggest change for me is the financial basis of the religion now, in my days never a mention of contributing, although WT had a steady stream of income from publications . GB2 are a constant amazement to me with their publicity loving methods. Back in the day we delighted to hear Knorr or Franz in a foggy Murrayfield assembly late at night, but really had no constant association with them via TV. Is new headquarters being equipped with an Inspiration Room, lined on the walls with beliefs over the years, so they can pluck one off and "adjust it". I could not cope today as almost everything I believed is wrong, or adjusted. Would need to say nothing to anyone if I was to have stayed in as not able to keep pace with downward progression. Or is this a plan to constantly adjust things to keep faithful busy so constant money fraud can continue in new circumstances.

How many here would not fit in to the organisation today, apart from apostasy of course, but from position of in depth knowledge of truth before you became aware of TTATT

I mention occasional bits and pieces to relatives still in and they not aware of changes. Are current crop of JWs less educated than in past, less able to absorb material.

In 65 a series of WT articles covered The Ressurection, the brothers then awaited each new magazine with genuine interest, do present set let it all wash over them?

sorry for length, just amazed at almost complete turnabout of religion and no internal backlash

• Room 215
    Room 215

Well said, friend

• tiki
    tiki

I know exactly what you are talking about. We had the Babylon book....thought provoking watchtowers....we had to really learn the doctrine and the bible. It was believable...and now a shell with cracks containing a lot of ridiculousness. And the money thing...that has become so outrageous its hard to believe they get away with it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Or is this a plan to constantly adjust things to keep faithful busy so constant money fraud can continue in new circumstances.

You got it.

Yes, i remember the books from the 60's and 70's and how it used to be. Personally I don't see the changes as anything outrageous. What I see is an overreaction to the changes based on the fact that people have been indoctrinated and brainwashed to accept and believe everything and anything that comes from them. It's obvious that they have always been about their own interest and never about their people, but that's only evident to those who are well aware of how it used to be.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I think the Ray Franz incident in 1980 proved that backlash doesn't work in a high control environment. The point of control essentially is that you get to do what you want.

Power is in control of the crafter of messages. Sprinkle just a little bit of dormant "think for yourself" muscles in, and you really won't have a backlash.

Why would anyone want to anyway? The only thing worth saving as far as I am concerned is friends and family. The theology is just weird, the history is even weirder and sordid. If GB 2.0 had a Delorean with a Flux Capacitor, they would go back to 1921 and throttle Rutherford in his sleep.

Then again, internal backlash has happened! It's called the internet and the ability to expose them for what they really are. I think in that context, a backlash has happened, and it has worked. But internally, I just don't think it's possible, given the "Bah Bah" mentality of the followers....

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I'm still waiting for the Ancient Worthies

C'MON ABRAHAM!

:)

• schnell
    schnell

Here, this image says everything.

• tiki
    tiki

I like to think of a poor fish brought out of the water flailing and flipping and flopping on the dock....and then he dies. Flip flopping is not a good thing.

• steve2
    steve2

Apostates have a far, far better handle on all the changes than the rank and file. My hunch is most JWs wouldn't have a clue about the actual changes in doctrine, let alone the rationale for the changes.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

See my earlier post about this subject.

It's sad to see the JW's reaction on flip flops. Lame ducks.

So sad.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit