1 Hour to my sons Judicial Committee

by freeman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

Well this is about as real as it gets. In about an hour my son will be appearing before a Judicial Committee for the second time in as many weeks. Unfortunately I just happen to be about 3000 miles away right now (business trip) so I can’t be there for support and I can’t get the ancillary information that I would normally get just by being present. My wife tells me she has a really bad feeling about how things may go; she is very concerned. And I agree, I believe she is concerned for good reason. I know my son, he does have a breaking point, if they push my son too far, he may just tell them to take the kingdom melodies, the time slips, the book bags, the magazines, etc. and shove them. And in that state of mind, he just may deck an elder or two on the way out.

At one level that would delight me to no end, however unfortunately he is still very much a true believer and thus he believes with all his heart all the bullshit they feed him, including the distorted view that if he left the dark tower, he would be condemned by God. This could be a devastating blow, as his support system would be ripped away from him, he would lose virtually all his friends in an instant. As it is he suffers from depression, like so many witnesses do, and I don’t see this additional strain on his psyche as necessarily helpful to his condition.

My wife informed me that she would be there with my son in the Star Chamber during the Inquisitors examination. Is this normal? My son is now some 20 years old. I would think that he would not need parental supervision during the grilling.

I was almost tempted to ask my wife just what part of the Bible talked about Judicial Committees but I resisted as I could hear in her voice the maternal feelings and concerns for my son well up. Now would not be the time to illustrate the unscriptural practices of the dark tower, I’m sure there will be many future opportunities to do so, particularly if things don’t go well.

a nervous Freeman

• Simon
    Simon

Hope it goes as well as can be expected.

Let us know how it turns out.

• sens
    sens
    My wife informed me that she would be there with my son in the Star Chamber during the Inquisitors examination. Is this normal?

I think it would be good for him to have someone there, that aside I hope something Good comes from the situation...

3 Sens 4

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My hugs and prayers go out to your son. Please keep us updated. Poor guy!

CG

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I hope your son decks of few "brothers" if they push him too far. Much healthier way to deal with it than to sink lower into depression.

Then I suggest to you to run and get your son his own copy of Crisis of Conscience to help him see the Dark Tower for what it is. Slip a copy to your wife, too!

Hugs to you and your family. You don't need this stress. Its all WTBTs created.

j2bf

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sorry freeman

Sounds like your son is fortunate to have a dad who accepts him either way......That kind of love can break down barriers!

take care

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Why don't you pull the "head of the house" card and not let them meet with your son unless you're there?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What ashames me is that I used to be one of those bastards that would be on the JC sitting in judgement - my heart goes out to him

• mizpah
    mizpah

Your son is going to need all the support he can get. He's going to have terrible guilt feelings if he is still a loyal Jehovah's Witness. I think joy2bfree has an excellent suggestion. I can't think of a better book than Ray Franz's Crisis of Conscience for anyone who is dealing with the organization. Ray deals with the subject in a kind and respectful way. But he also exposes the contradictions and double standards of the Watchtower Society.

Our hearts are with you during this ordeal. We pray all will go well for your son and your family.

• Maverick
    Maverick

There is nothing like having a lawnman, retired grocery clerk and a window washer stand in judgement of a young person and brutalize him. They have no shame...they are too busy dumping it all on the RF! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit