Crisis of Conscience (Fifth Edition) is now available on Kindle:

by Brock Talon 11 Replies latest social current

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

I am not on this site much lately, so I apologize up front if someone has already posted this, but I thought this was big news and wanted to share with the group.

Crisis of Conscience (Fifth Edition) is now available on Kindle

https://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Conscience-struggle-between-religion-ebook/dp/B07B7C21M3/ref=zg_bs_158371011_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D50FQ853AGGRCMAG7VZS

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Not crazy about the cover giving the impression brother Franz is promoting himself, which he was NOT like at all.

Still, so glad this masterpiece is back on the market, especially now in cheaper and easily obtainable digital form (also easier for a PIMO to sneak a read) and with extra content too.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Agreed. I do wonder if Ray Franz would have approved of putting himself on the cover.

• Giordano
  • steve2
    steve2

A mere photo of the man - this is an age of images. Whether he would/wouldn't approve is academic. I would comment though if it were a picture of him doing the Highland Fling.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

steve2:

I agree, but I'm not talking about weather he would approve or not (which is good but not terribly important). The only problem I had is that this cover kinda plays into WT's depiction of "apostates" as egomaniacs who are 'leading disciples after themselves'. When I first read his books, what struck me was his humility, forgiveness, and modesty regarding not having all the answers. He was thrust into the situation and didn't want to lead others. He only pointed to Jesus. That's what emboldened me to reread the New Testament and discovering once and for all that the JWs were so off base. Now I'm rambling 😅 but you get what I'm saying.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I think the cover looks ok given the title. Ray franz's picture on the book reflects exactly what the book is about. It won't take anything away from this amazing book.

• Simon
    Simon

I think it makes perfect sense to have his image on the front - it's his story after all !

He didn't write the book to promote himself, he wrote it to inform people. Stop looking for issues where non exist.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

I dunno... I kind of like the cover. It gives Mr. Franz a pensive look.

Even though this new cover was chosen for him, and wasn't the cover he originally opted for, I like that he was put on the cover of this fifth edition because the book is essentially about him and his thoughts on his unique life experiences. It also makes this fifth edition stand out.

I own a paperback copy of the fourth edition, but am now wondering if I should read this new fifth edition on Kindle. Does anyone out there have an idea of what the changes are between the the fourth and fifth editions, that is, besides the forward and the cover?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

A good man.

Worth to read.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit